Yaqi Chianti brush question.

I have been looking at getting the Yaqi Chianti brush (stunning looking brush, love the purple colour).

I was wondering if anyone has a Yaqi brush that has a Tuxedo knot, and and also the Yaqi Chianti, and wondered how the knot in it compared to the Tuxedo, in terms of softness and backbone?

I already have a Yaqi brush with a Tuxedo knot (Mysterious Space) and find the Tuxedo knot to be perfect for my preference.

Thanks in advance.

I'm glad you asked this question as I've been looking to expand my brush collection from the current paltry 2. I also found a knot called Alpine when looking at Yaqi brushes. Are all these synthetic knots really that different? Any to avoid from experience?

I have been looking at getting the Yaqi Chianti brush (stunning looking brush, love the purple colour).

I was wondering if anyone has a Yaqi brush that has a Tuxedo knot, and and also the Yaqi Chianti, and wondered how the knot in it compared to the Tuxedo, in terms of softness and backbone?

I already have a Yaqi brush with a Tuxedo knot (Mysterious Space) and find the Tuxedo knot to be perfect for my preference.

Thanks in advance.
I have the Chianti and a Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo. The Chianti is softer with a little less backbone. It's worth noting that you won't know what you're truly getting until it arrives though. A high glue bump on the Chianti could change its feel and splay significantly.

If I may recommend a couple of synthetic brushes to you chaps:

I have the Chianti and a Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo. The Chianti is softer with a little less backbone. It's worth noting that you won't know what you're truly getting until it arrives though. A high glue bump on the Chianti could change its feel and splay significantly.

Thanks very much for the help, that is extremely useful.
I think I will order the Chianti now, as it sounds like I will also get on really well with it.

I've always found the Yaqi Tuxedo extremely soft, so to have another brush with even softer tips sounds amazing.

I look forward to receiving it and trying it out, I'll come back on here, once I have had a chance to try it out with my thoughts.

Thanks again :)

Just to update:

First use of the Yaqi Chianti and I absolutely loved it.

My thoughts of it compared to my Yaqi Tuxedo brush:
The Chianti felt softer on the face, with an ever so slight bit less backbone. Whipped up a lather as easy as my larger Yaqi brush. All in all super pleased with it
1f600.png
1f44d_1f3fb.png

Thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom