Yaqi Brass Razor.

Yes. It looks nice but don't forget the 20% VAT that will be added by AliExpress. A brass Pearl Flexi is ~£60 new and a brass Karve Daily Shavers set is less than the Yaqi price. That brass Yaqi feels grossly overpriced.
Especially highly priced as the basic version is £20. If it was £60-75 I’d have bitten but it’s been on sale for a few weeks and doesn’t seem to be selling as well as they hoped.

Yes. It looks nice but don't forget the 20% VAT that will be added by AliExpress. A brass Pearl Flexi is ~£60 new and a brass Karve Daily Shavers set is less than the Yaqi price. That brass Yaqi feels grossly overpriced.

Isn't the original Yaqi adjustable fairly aggressive too? I presume the new Yaqi is the same geometry as their zamak adjustable but made from brass. I gather the impression the Pearl Flexi is one of the better modern adjustable razors, and at half the price of the Yaqi brass adjustable, the Pearl Flexi looks a much better deal.

Isn't the original Yaqi adjustable fairly aggressive too? I presume the new Yaqi is the same geometry as their zamak adjustable but made from brass. I gather the impression the Pearl Flexi is one of the better modern adjustable razors, and at half the price of the Yaqi brass adjustable, the Pearl Flexi looks a much better deal.
Yeah I thought it seemed a little pricey for what it is.

I do like the look of these but agree about the pricing.
Apparently each razor is individually numbered from a batch of 160. They send out randomly so you can't choose your number.
Still overpriced for me and the presentation isn't up to much for a limited edition.
At the price a better incentive to buy one would have been a special presentation and a razor & brush set with a limited edition brush included.
Just etching a number on there doesn't quite cut it for me. No pun intended.

I had one of the very first versions of the adjustable Shubs but never actually used it. @merchant_seaman is the proud owner now so can better comment on how it shaves.

I’ve the standard Final Cut on its way, it’s just left customs. I’ve had the Flexi which I really enjoyed. I’m still on a hunt for an adjustable I get on with.

Yaqi Brush is beta testing ...

Ultima (The Final Cut SS)
1nnhGwh.jpg

And a very interesting idea. Mainly about economy and speed of production.
A moder take on shims, of the "adjustable" Karve / Rockwell concept.
unoBl0u.jpg

Last edited:
I have the gunmetal Final Cut and it’s excellent for the money. I don’t find it aggressive at all. Mines not one of the crazy ones that goes full spinal tap to 11 and only goes to a moderately mental 8. The brass looks lovely but no justification for being almost 3 times the price of the zamak. Stainless maybe. Brass no thanks.

I’ve owned every version of the razor and enjoyed both. Price will be key here. I loved my brass one but moved it on in the end as I just don’t need an adjustable when I shave daily. However it shaved very well and I’d tempted… again!

Back
Top Bottom