www.ikonrazors.com...

Sorry, no nothing about the brushes. However, great person/company to deal with and excellent products par se.

I got involved early on and bought a prototype machined handle for my Merkur head and it is great.
I think the brush handle would be great using a stock-type knot from golden nib or similar.

Mikael said:
Do you know anything about their brushes? Seems like good quality, for the "Silver tip", but has anyone tried them? http://www.ikonrazors.com

Calling out for Fido :D Thank you for a really nice blogg, I highly enjoy reading it!

Thanks

The guy seems to be offering some custom made brushes with unusual handles for reasonable prices. He will be getting his knots from the usual suspects, so they should be OK. A loft of 45 mm for a 24 mm knot is a bit too low for my liking - I'd go closer to 50 mm at minimum for a decent all round performance. Depends on how keen you are on the type of handle he can offer.

Thank you Fido! I was kind of interested in them due to the short loft. My theory is that they´ll be a little stiffer!? I like some backbone to the brush and I mostly do soaps (read Cella :D ). But I´m thinking of maybe buying or trading for a Chubby 2 best (I´m also fascinated by the Vie-Long silver tip/white badger).

Thank you again, both!
Mikael

Back
Top Bottom