WTB: pourer restrictor for Thayers bottles.

My consumption of Thayers Witch Hazel AS with Aloe Vera can be excessive and is never frugal because of the open top bottle - and my inability to adequately control the flow.

It's easy enough to buy empty bottles with flow restrictors (as in the tops if Prof Blighty's bottles - no! Bay Rum) already fitted. It follows that someone makes the flow restrictors - but I have been unable to discover who!! I have an olive oil drizzler on its way but that seems cumbersome.

Does anyone have a few push-in flow restrictors for a 17mm neck or does anyone know where I can obtain a few? Seems 17mm is a bit on the large size for these things, can't think why.

Bechet45 said:
My consumption of Thayers Witch Hazel AS with Aloe Vera can be excessive and is never frugal because of the open top bottle - and my inability to adequately control the flow.

It's easy enough to buy empty bottles with flow restrictors (as in the tops if Prof Blighty's bottles - no! Bay Rum) already fitted. It follows that someone makes the flow restrictors - but I have been unable to discover who!! I have an olive oil drizzler on its way but that seems cumbersome.

Does anyone have a few push-in flow restrictors for a 17mm neck or does anyone know where I can obtain a few? Seems 17mm is a bit on the large size for these things, can't think why.

I use the sprinkler cap of the vinegar bottle it has the same thread.

Jim

Many thanks, gentlemen!

Being cack-handed on the left, the thumbs idea may not be entirely suitable but the vinegar bottle!

Turns out I have/had a bottle of malt and a bottle of white and the malt was a tad beyond its sell-by date (back of the cupboard, cloudy, floaty-bits) so its cap was readily available. Goes on exactly 180 degrees to how it should but it does the job fine well! Problem solved!

I've been out-lateralled in my thinking!

Bechet45 said:
Many thanks, gentlemen!

Being cack-handed on the left, the thumbs idea may not be entirely suitable but the vinegar bottle!

Turns out I have/had a bottle of malt and a bottle of white and the malt was a tad beyond its sell-by date (back of the cupboard, cloudy, floaty-bits) so its cap was readily available. Goes on exactly 180 degrees to how it should but it does the job fine well! Problem solved!

I've been out-lateralled in my thinking!

There is ALWAYS a remedy on this forum!
Jim

The geek-heaven world of plastic bottles! It's amazing - to this previously uninformed, take-them-for-granted layman, anyway. Then comes the world of plastic bottle caps!

I chased the screw flip-caps on the larger Thayers bottles to being type 5922 but that was pointless because those caps are too high for the after shave bottles. Couldn't find those caps anywhere until - inspiration - Zp (on the inner side of the Sarsons flip top) is the Trade Mark of Zeller Plastics UK.

Smoke from the rice saucepan terminated my surfing at that point, but an email sent during the next boiling has resulted this morning in their Sarah Hill sending me some samples, in white, of the Sarsons cap, only as used in the 'personal care' department rather than the 'food'.

Hats off to Sarah and Zeller Plastics.

Why? Oh why? can't I just be content to use the Sarsons cap?

Now I'm thinking of the old "Apple in a bottle curiosity" where the bottle is put over the fruit whilst it is still growing on the tree. Gives me a wonderful image of a "Willy Wonka" style vinegar factory with rows of onions growing into their individual wee bottles.
If anyone sees any commercial viability in this, feel free ...............

JohnnyO. \:angel:

Back
Top Bottom