Wow! How many do you think Paul has got?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330497269238&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _500wt_922</a><!-- m -->

What is the latest with Iridium's anyway, are they really no more?

Oh hell,

Blades are the easiest things to rationalize away. I apply the following formula to soaps/creams as well, and sometimes I almost believe what I'm saying.

Blades though....piece of cake. So let's round off the price of that 60 Iridium lot to $40, which is a little more than the actual number. Ok, I figure to get on average 4 shaves per blade, or 240 shaves in the lot. That's eight months worth, which is $5 per month. So, $1.25 a week, or 18 cents a day.

Now if the Iridium blade is magical for someone, I don't believe paying 18 cents a day is gonna stand in his way. Heh, it wouldn't if I was in that situation.

There now........how was that?

Martin

P, S. Paul? Please don't read this post. Thank you.

So who is still sitting on a stash? I bought 250 after trying them and liking them, this was when there was a great deal on them. I still have another 50 loose so around 300 total.

Tempted to punt them but I do like them, then again I still have about 100 Swedes left so will probably horde them like the hermit I am.

Audiolab said:
So who is still sitting on a stash?

Umm, might be.....

I have approximately 300 Iridiums (250 in a pillar pack and the rest loose), and even more Swedes. Unless I decide to grow a beard, I won't be selling them. They're for using.

Ian

Cheese Dave has a stash.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3339&hilit=Stash+picture&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3339&hilit=Stash+picture&start=30</a><!-- l -->

Not sure if he's aware of the Iridium's demise.....mmmmm.

Midnight raid anyone?

I have a few and I mean a few Iridiums in my blade collection but have never seen one of the mystical Swede Blades .............are they really that good?
Steve
P.S. I am being serious here..........for once........ :shock: :shock:

missingskin said:
I have a few and I mean a few Iridiums in my blade collection but have never seen one of the mystical Swede Blades .............are they really that good?
Steve

They were/are very good but Iridiums are as good - so are Yellow 7 O'Clock blades.

missingskin said:
Steve

Hiya,

Swedes were my go to blades for a long time. Once I tried an Iridium I sold all the Swedes in my stash and never looked back in regret. To me, the Iridium is even a little smoother and sharper than those mystical Swedes. As Joe mentioned, the SharpEdge is also very similar to those other two blades.

Martin

It just seems to that some people Swedes were "The holy Grail" of blades............. :? :?
Me I like Super Thins, or any of the 7 O'Clocks.......
Guess it's what works for you?