Worst blade ever - Tiger Platinum

I've used a few of them before, they weren't great but not even close to the worst blades I have used.

I've used maybe about 60 different blades but worst of the bunch were the Tian Li blades from China, which are the strangest blades I have ever used. They felt like I was scraping my face with a can that had left out in the rain in the back of the garden for 3 years, but were sharper and blunter than I expected them to be.

I used to quite like the Tiger Platinums. I had just switched from Astra blades and I found them to be perfectly usable.

Now I only use Nacets and Gillette 7 o'clock yellows and have not tried Tigers since.

RK/Henson blades on the other hand were so tuggy and felt like they were pulling each hair out, ouch! Had to change blades mid shave!

Love them in my Parker 22R but they're a dog of a blade through the Merkur 34. I have over 100 to get through currently!
Current in a 38c, at least it’s not just me. We’re ok in the Wilkinson sword trap but then not as good as the non platinum

Elios
At a push I could get by with any of the DE blades I've ever sampled except these.
Rubbing my face with sandpaper and pulling the hair out with pliers would be smoother and more comfortable.
As mentioned, it is amazing how opinions on blades can be so divided.

Still better than Muhle and Merkur, though ... which granted, is not saying a lot.
I've never understood the logic behind bundling shite blades with a razor. It's like fitting crap tyres as OEM fitment to a new motorbike (not that I've ever had a brand new one but its well known that manufacturers get tyre companies to supply a load of tyres at a low cost and they're not the same as the retail ones of the same name).

Surely if you just sold someone a razor with your brand on it you would want them to be pleased with it rather than have a bad experience out of the box? I bet its the company accountants and they've all got beards! It must be pennies more per unit to get decent blades white labelled and give a decent first impression. Or just don't include blades, so that whatever blade the customer uses, it performs better and doesn't reflect badly on the brand. I suppose the logic is that if someone's tossing up between 2 razors and one comes with blades they'll buy that one, and by the time they realise the own brand blades are chocolate you've grabbed their money?

Back
Top Bottom