Woo hoo...

I got my new lens today (well, it's not new, new, but new to me), a 60 mm Micro Nikkor lens. I took this shot on free hand (boy, this lens's one sweet piece of ... ehh, lens):

Cheers guys! I hope to take my pictures one step further, I felt I couldn't get more from my other camera, even though it served me well this far. I first bought a 50 mm lens and this second hand Nikon D90, but they didn't play well enough, when it came to macro pictures, like the SOTD pics. we'll see if it'll help, soon

Tony, you need to get in contact with your femine side!

antdad said:
Wait a minute, so this wasn't a rorschach test?

You never know, do you :icon_twisted:

amnesia: This lens's excellent! Heavy and well built, I hope I'll do it justice! If you don't mind walking a little, the 1.8D 50 mm Nikkor lens is very good too, really nice and rather cheap too (compared to other high end lenses especially, you can get a good used one, easy, for under £75 here).

I have the 50mm f1.8, the kit 18-105 and the 70-300 VRII.
Also got a set of Kenko tubes so macro isn't a problem with the 50, but distance to subject is.

Must have a proper go at some macro photography soon...

Daniel.

amnesia said:
Lovely shot !

I have a D90 too - must get a proper macro lens for it, but saving for the Nikkor 24-70 first :gulp:

The 24-70 Nikkor is a full frame pro lens. You need either a D700 or D3 to do it justice.