Wizamet

That's the W-2 I think - Pedro had one en route, no idea if it's arrived yet though.

I've got and tried a W-3 (a copy of the 1970s West German-made Schick for the Dutch market) - it's considerably more flimsy and less refined than the Schick and has a very narrow sweet spot in comparison. After a 3 pass shave with it, I still had stubble (as measured by a single WTG pass with a 1921 Gillette New Improved).

Thanks for your thoughts, hunny. Pedro, be interested to hear your opinion on yours.
From hunny's description I hope it isn't like a Weishi. I don't dislike them as such but don't want another

I received the razor and yes, it is a bit flimsy. The quality of the metal isn't great either (can see a fair bit of burring on the good side of the silo doors). The head is also very heavy compared to the light plastic handle, and the adjustment feels imprecise. Seems to shave well with a Rapira blade, though. I think I like it - has character and a bit different from the ubiquitous (and admittedly superior) Gillettes

Back
Top Bottom