Witch Hazel as a Pre-Shave?

Has anyone tried this? Here's the B&B post which got me a-wondering:

"Today I tried something different because I was really tired and not thinking straight.

Had a shower which I washed my face with preshave soap as usual, then I wasnt thinking and applied Witch Hazel instead of the shave soap to my face to soak in while im making a lather.

I realised as soon as I smelt it what I have done, but thought I would give it I shot. I proceeded to make my lather, splash my face with hot water just before I applied the lather and proceeded to shave.

The result? The smoothest shave of my life. The area where I normally have trouble shaving (lower third of my neck) was no issue.

I then rinsed with hot water, applied Witch Hazel again and then cold water and aftershave balm.

So give it a shot and let me know your results."

11oss said:
Where do you guys find witch hazel. not been able to find any around here.

ask the chemist if you don't see it, often it can be stored out of the way (& out of sight), or behind locked display windows/doors, etc.

I often use it as part of the cleansing part of the pre-shave. Doesn't do me any/much mischief as far as I can tell.

Where is "around here"? Because even in Little Feckwittering-on-the-Moor, Scotland I'm tripping over the stuff.

Morrison's, Asda, Tesco all sell it for sure - maybe needs a larger store - but it's there next to the elastoplasts etc. - about £1.50 a bottle - no Sainsbury's around here to check in (even Morrison's, Asda & Tesco are 27 miles, 27.05miles and 27.1 miles away)
Boots, Superdrug, random indy Pharmacy - all sell it - but you may need to take a chair - £2.79 in Boots I think it was

Naked Ape said:
I washed my face with preshave soap as usual, then I wasnt thinking and applied Witch Hazel instead of the shave soap to my face to soak in while im making a lather.

How, in the name of Christ's trousers, did he manage that!!??

Witch Hazel = Bottle
Soap = Tub or Stick

Unless there's a new soap in a bottle.....

Ian

Back
Top Bottom