wilkinson sword

Proinsias said:
might be worth a few quid, puts this one to shame:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=933072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=933072</a><!-- m -->
If you get the right buyer I swapped a spare one I had on badger and blade for a mint cased gillette toggle and a mint cased aristocrat so they have value

sunburyboy93 said:
rangers62 said:
Excuse my ignorance, why is it call a sticky?

The handle is made out of a polymer that stays gripped or "sticky" even when dripping wet :D

Cheers for that.

Very clever these chaps, any day now they will re-invent that feature (Obviously it will vibrate, have 11 blades and a laser guided targeting system)

Very nice find mate, but I think you've already found out what it was (I appreciate most of "the naughty boys" here can't read the thread :roll: ;) ) and you're now posting it here to try and drum up some business for when you post it on ebay. If I'm doing you a disservice and you are generally interested in finding out what the whole wet shaving thing has to offer then I apologise, but we wouldn't want anyone to be misled in any way.

Yellow Jim said:
Very nice find mate, but I think you've already found out what it was (I appreciate most of "the naughty boys" here can't read the thread :roll: ;) ) and you're now posting it here to try and drum up some business for when you post it on ebay. If I'm doing you a disservice and you are generally interested in finding out what the whole wet shaving thing has to offer then I apologise, but we wouldn't want anyone to be misled in any way.

BUSTED !!!!!
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: well spotted jimbo ;)

Yellow Jim wrote:Very nice find mate, but I think you've already found out what it was (I appreciate most of "the naughty boys" here can't read the thread :roll: ;) ) and you're now posting it here to try and drum up some business for when you post it on ebay. If I'm doing you a disservice and you are generally interested in finding out what the whole wet shaving thing has to offer then I apologise, but we wouldn't want anyone to be misled in any way.

yellow jim,
i have posted on another site, with reference to ebay, but the pms and offers i recieved made me wonder?, as for the whole wet shaving thing, i'am 70yrs old, and did twenty years de shaving before they introduced throw away shaving, there was no intention on my part to mislead anyone, and if i did i apologize.

lamby said:
Yellow Jim wrote:Very nice find mate, but I think you've already found out what it was (I appreciate most of "the naughty boys" here can't read the thread :roll: ;) ) and you're now posting it here to try and drum up some business for when you post it on ebay. If I'm doing you a disservice and you are generally interested in finding out what the whole wet shaving thing has to offer then I apologise, but we wouldn't want anyone to be misled in any way.

yellow jim,
i have posted on another site, with reference to ebay, but the pms and offers i recieved made me wonder?, as for the whole wet shaving thing, i'am 70yrs old, and did twenty years de shaving before they introduced throw away shaving, there was no intention on my part to mislead anyone, and if i did i apologize.

The Wilky sticky is a nice razor, not very common and a nice razor for a collector as it's a mint boxed example., if you want to sell it to make a few quid i don't blame ya, me being a collector i would keep it,and use it now and again ;)

lamby said:
sunburyboy93,
do you know what year the sticky was first produced, and what year it ceased.
Hi mate

I did look into it when I got mine and it was produced from 1968 - 1971. I don't know how many were made but you don't see them that often. Crackin looking razor though

Good job, Yellow Jim, thanks for letting us know. [How's your golden Aristocrat by the way? Does it shave well?]

Now, on the subject of the "Sticky", there was one on sale here recently, as some may remember. I ended up buying that, but haven't shaved with it yet. Very nice looking razor, and not easy to come across in general. I believe that in The Shave Den I saw a couple of yrs old thread where one had gone for around 200 (dollars or quid not sure). Therefore for a mint one with box you could now easily get in excess of 100 pounds sterling, assuming you find the right buyer as sunbury said.

They are good for collectors but not up to much as a razor.

I got one for £10 and sold it for that much.

Collectible or not, a poor performer is still a poor performer.

You've done the right thing by whipping up as much interest as possible. Make sure you put the links to the auction, or at least a 'heads up' on all the forums and you should get enough for a good drink and a nice meal.

on B&B i was offered £130 sterling for it, but decided to trade for the boxed Toggle and Aristocrat instead.....

i have see them go on ebay for as little as £30, it just depends if there is someone who really wants one that is looking.... "right place, right time..."

or in my case if a trade is more beneficial..

steve

I'm with Vinny (not Joe) on this one. I had one back when they first came out & it was an absolute rubbish razor to shave with. Top heavy, clumsy, mild beyond belief. I think I finally threw mine out as although it looked the cat's whiskers it was just a complete waste of money as far as results were concerned. Bit like trying to bull your boots with a Mars Bar.

JohnnyO. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom