Wilkinson Sword Synthetic Shaving Brush

Im pretty sure it used to be called Wilkinsons back in the day.
I guess you must be too young to remember it!

It was never afflilited to to Wilkinson Sword.
The current Store Wilkos may have been called Wilkinson’s, but not to be confused with Steel firm Wilkinson who make top quality Tools, razor blades and also Shaving. Brushes.
Wilkos in their grooming section sell The Wilkinson sword brush and their own cheap Wilco brush.

The current Store Wilkos may have been called Wilkinson’s, but not to be confused with Steel firm Wilkinson who make top quality Tools, razor blades and also Shaving. Brushes.
Wilkos in their grooming section sell The Wilkinson sword brush and their own cheap Wilco brush.
i saw theres only synthetic wilkinson sword brushes at wilkos now no boars at all, hence why i was asking and i suppose im speculating if theyre getting rid of the boar brushes now?

i saw theres only synthetic wilkinson sword brushes at wilkos now no boars at all, hence why i was asking and i suppose im speculating if theyre getting rid of the boar brushes now?
Does it really matter, as you can easily avoid mistakenly getting a boar brush as The World is awash with the likes of Yaqi synthetic brushes. As a head Shaver you may should be looking out for a 28mm dia brush.
Stop looking round for bargains, and establish a small stock of dependable hard ware Razors and Brushes, software soaps and other bits and bobs you might use.
I cannot talk really as I have far too many Razors ( mainly Vintage Se/ Injectors and AC/SE), plus soap and after Shaves that I will never get through as I am nearly 82!!

Does it really matter, as you can easily avoid mistakenly getting a boar brush as The World is awash with the likes of Yaqi synthetic brushes. As a head Shaver you may should be looking out for a 28mm dia brush.
Stop looking round for bargains, and establish a small stock of dependable hard ware Razors and Brushes, software soaps and other bits and bobs you might use.
I cannot talk really as I have far too many Razors ( mainly Vintage Se/ Injectors and AC/SE), plus soap and after Shaves that I will never get through as I am nearly 82!!
more curious then anything and yea ive got a few yaqi synthetic brushes which are really nice

talking about razors ive still not tried out a gem razor so thats on the list for the near future

I'd echo this @saj1985 ... while there are indeed some bargain priced shaving things that can be had for a pittance, they're well talked about and anything that isn't probably isn't any good. I'm thinking of things like classic splashes, things like classic soap sticks. But, when it comes to brushes, cheap brushes really are just cheap.

You're starting to build a quite solid bits of kit and a good base for a collection. I'd err on the side of quality now, having had a good dabble in the bargain bins.

I'd echo this @saj1985 ... while there are indeed some bargain priced shaving things that can be had for a pittance, they're well talked about and anything that isn't probably isn't any good. I'm thinking of things like classic splashes, things like classic soap sticks. But, when it comes to brushes, cheap brushes really are just cheap.

You're starting to build a quite solid bits of kit and a good base for a collection. I'd err on the side of quality now, having had a good dabble in the bargain bins.
Yea you and @mpf9ret are right quality over quantity and I appreciate your honesty

I'll get some boars like omega, semogue and maybe zenith too

Do you mean the Shavette?
Horrible things, get an AC clone instead...
Nah this one, looks new like their brush the 'barber style'

WILKINSON SWORD - Double Edge For Men | Premium Stainless Steel Safety Razor | Razor Handle + 5 Blade Refills https://amzn.eu/d/ccFDXgD

Wondering if anyone's compared it to this?

WILKINSON SWORD - Double Edge For Men | Premium Stainless Steel Safety Razor | Razor Handle + 10 Blade Refills https://amzn.eu/d/iU676sA

WILKINSON SWORD - Double Edge For Men | Premium Stainless Steel Safety Razor | Razor Handle + 5 Blade Refills https://amzn.eu/d/ccFDXgD

WILKINSON SWORD - Double Edge For Men | Premium Stainless Steel Safety Razor | Razor Handle + 10 Blade Refills https://amzn.eu/d/iU676sA
It's a rebadged Chinese model...

Reactions: saj

I think they are exactly the same razor.

When the Wilkinson Sword metal DE first came out in 2018, the handle shown on the packaging was different to what was actually inside the carton. This is reflected in the advert that you linked, which shows a different handle in picture 1 to the other pictures.

I bought one at the time and that razor has 3 knurled sections at the end of the handle, same as the other example you show that is branded as "Barber's Style" and "The Edger", so i think that WS have simply changed the incorrect packaging since then .

Its actually a Wilkinson Sword branded Chinese Weishi 9306-P.

Half decent quality finish and plating, mild to medium shave.

I think they are exactly the same razor.

When the Wilkinson Sword metal DE first came out in 2018, the handle shown on the packaging was different to what was actually inside the carton. This is reflected in the advert that you linked, which shows a different handle in picture 1 to the other pictures.

I bought one at the time and that razor has 3 knurled sections at the end of the handle, same as the other example you show that is branded as "Barber's Style" and "The Edger", so i think that WS have simply changed the incorrect packaging since then .

Its actually a Wilkinson Sword branded Chinese Weishi 9306-P.

Half decent quality finish and plating, mild to medium shave.
thanks for the info

Have no desire to get it myself just was more curious

never used one of those wishing safety razors but remember @Boycie83 making a mega thread on his chinese razors, the adjustable weishi with the longer handle looked nice

Back
Top Bottom