Wilkinson Sword Synthetic Shaving Brush

I will probably pick one up out of curiosity. The Wilkinson Sword boar was my second brush. My first brush was an Erasmic with a wooden handle in the late 90's.Thankfully I moved on to Omega Boars, then modern synthetics.

I saw somewhere else that another budget synthetic is available...
Must be the Lidl post a few posts below...

I will probably pick one up out of curiosity. The Wilkinson Sword boar was my second brush. My first brush was an Erasmic with a wooden handle in the late 90's.Thankfully I moved on to Omega Boars, then modern synthetics.

I saw somewhere else that another budget synthetic is available...
I really love boar brushes like the omega one I got but can't use them unfortunately

The boar brushes just got this nice firmness, think you lot call that backbone? Sorry correct me if I'm wrong

The brinble and Hawkins synthetic shaving brush is nice too

Synthetic-Shaving-Brush-With-Box_740x.jpg

I really love boar brushes like the omega one I got but can't use them unfortunately

The boar brushes just got this nice firmness, think you lot call that backbone? Sorry correct me if I'm wrong

The brinble and Hawkins synthetic shaving brush is nice too

View attachment 90234
Wow, that's overpriced. Black fibre shaving brushes are only five euros in Rossmann and DM. Muehle's HJM budget brand is also a lot cheaper.

FB_IMG_1657307837479.jpg

Isana and Balea black fibres shaving brushes.

Last edited:
So my at least 10 year old wilkinson brush is a boar, it was my first brush, I still use it regularly and still like it. I have a badger and an omega boar that is much stiffer but has very soft tips, great for soaps.

Wow, that's overpriced. Black fibre shaving brushes are only five euros in Rossmann and DM. Muehle's HJM budget brand is also a lot cheaper.

View attachment 90251

Isana and Balea black fibres shaving brushes.
i got it cheap from ebay with the shaving cream, no idea what the rrp is

you tried out the multi blade cartridge razors from lidl? think aldi has one too
been wanting to try one out for a while

i got it cheap from ebay with the shaving cream, no idea what the rrp is

you tried out the multi blade cartridge razors from lidl? think aldi has one too
been wanting to try one out for a while
I used the Personna GT5's from either Aldi or Lidl. I believe they have been replaced by Personna Magnum 5's, which I am not a fan of.

was looking at my shaving brushes thinking which one should i use and i completely forgot this one lol :poop:

Absolutely, if a limited edition means a premium price tag I would want to see some added value beyond the words Limited Edition on the box.

Having said that I make a point of looking out for products that I would use that are connected with my interests, for example a Maclaren Honda notebook or Hemingway fountain pen, you know that there are not going to be many sold and they are time limited. It is easy to get sucked into this however, for example you can buy a 70p coin, not issued by the Royal Mint, and bought by people who just want the novelty of owning a coin without a practical purpose.

I noticed the synthetic wilkinson sword and not the fine (boar) bristle wilkinson sword brush in high street shops now from what I've seen, you guy reckon they might be switching to just selling synthetic and maybe discontinuing their boar brush?

Back
Top Bottom