Wilkinson Sword Synthetic Shaving Brush

Sorry to hijack this thread but can anyone date this ?
i’m thinking 70’s but could be way of the mark.
Another ebay find but this one was Brand new in the box.
Not the best brush i own but i still rather like it and there’s isn’t many going around
i’m assuming it’s probably newer than the 70’s due to the plastic ring as mentioned by the OP
View attachment 90199you

Think I seen one one ebay with limited edition written on the packaging, I assume it's a boar brush?

Got one from morrisons still have a few there but only the syntethic and no boars which you typically see everywhere

It was Wilkinsons back into the day, now Wilko. You'll probably find Wilkinson Sword brushes sold there as well. I often shorten Wilkinson Sword to Wilki ... so as to distinguish a little from Wilko.
Yes that's right used to be wilkinsons, any idea why they changed to wilko?

Wilkinsons (or Wilko or whatver they are called) do a half decent synthetic for around £2.
Dont buy the Erasmic one - its pants. Decent handle though if you plan to reknot it. Reminds me of the Semogue SOC handle a little bit.
I reknotted a couple with badger knots.
I like the wilko grey handled shaving brush, its not bad at all

I like that erasmic brush but still not sure if it's boar or synthetic bit confusing so just dashed it

You are right, there is a Wilko on my high street which opened about 10 years ago, when it opened it was Wilkinsons then changed to Wilko at some point.

It's one of my favourite shops. How many other high street shops sell bird seed, door bell wire, shoe polish and chocolate coins within a few metres of each other?

It's a gloriously random retailer.
I miss Woolworths.

I miss Woolworths.

Amen brother.

The new Wilko is where Woolies used to be. Wilko is ok, but it's no Woolies.

RIP
1355d76d49737be4e58ff161df9fa320.jpg

I will probably pick one up out of curiosity. The Wilkinson Sword boar was my second brush. My first brush was an Erasmic with a wooden handle in the late 90's.Thankfully I moved on to Omega Boars, then modern synthetics.

I saw somewhere else that another budget synthetic is available...

Back
Top Bottom