Wilkinson Sword Sticky?

I'm not a fan of vintage DE razors, but I must admit to being quite taken by the modern looks of the Wilkinson Sword sticky, I have also noticed the mint models fetch a good price, could anyone tell me what kind of shavers these razors are.

Jamie.

Pretty mild shaver, Jamie, very nice overall though. Cannot remember the weight in grams now off the top of my head and I don't have the inventory list with me.

It's good to have one if you can spare the cash. They appear rather infrequently in the fora. I sold mine many months ago and perhaps I should have not, but it got no use so let someone else enjoy it.

You can contact Erwin - he got me mine (an uncased near NOS one). Overall weight balance of the razor is pretty ok as well, nice non-slip handle and sleek design on top of that.

I was going to say exactly the same after reading Vinny's post.

Jamie has the Feather Stainless, so I wouldn't worry too much if I was in his shoes. My take on this is that he will probably even like the Sticky a lot (especially if he pairs it with a nice sharp blade).

When Erwin sent me mine from Holland, he included a pack of vintage Wilkinsons (early '70s). The only thing I'll tell you is that I still remember those 2-3 shaves I had with the Sticky and the vintage Wilkie, they were an absolute delight...

N_Architect said:
I was going to say exactly the same after reading Vinny's post.

Jamie has the Feather Stainless, so I wouldn't worry too much if I was in his shoes. My take on this is that he will probably even like the Sticky a lot (especially if he pairs it with a nice sharp blade).

When Erwin sent me mine from Holland, he included a pack of vintage Wilkinsons (early '70s). The only thing I'll tell you is that I still remember those 2-3 shaves I had with the Sticky and the vintage Wilkie, they were an absolute delight...

Still shaving well and with old wilkies, just for that authentic feeling......not in my rotation, but nice to get out and give the old girl a run out.........:angel:

Back
Top Bottom