Wilkinson badger

I found this post that shows a badger version of the Wilkinson brush. Apparently available in French supermarkets for 4 euros. I'll look out for one next time I'm there!

Pete

I really like the little WS boar brush - ok it looses hair faster than I do but, still, it's a decent wee brush. This badger version has got to be worth a punt at 4 Euro.

A friend gave me a WS boar brush for Christmas and, like a complete fool, I threw it in the bin soon after! This was when I still thought Badger was the only way to go and I immediately dismissed it as poor quality tat. I know they're not amazing, but as a soap user I reckon I could have put it to some use after breaking it in.

hunnymonster said:
You ratbag! I read your original post and have spent (seemingly) the last 8 years reading through that entire thread :mrgreen: Intermarché is apparently the place.

lol that is one big thread. Maybe our friends from the emerald isle should join us over here?

Pete

I've seen these in Carrefor (calais) for 8 euros, which is still quite cheap I suppose.

I've had a boar one for ages and just can't seem to break it in.. maybe because I never use it.

My local chemist has little brushes in a blue/white box - no brand name on them. White handle normally wrapped in tissue paper; two types long loft an short loft. Very dinky though. Anyone seen somethign similar in their local independant pharmacy?

I believe I have - in Lindsay & Gilmour in Hawick to be precise (they also carry the WS shave sticks)

Mine has a Vulfix boar at either three or four pounds but I have not identified what it is yet. He also has a cheap no name plastic handle brush, and a wooden handle synthetic. Erasmic (new formula) and a few other bits and pieces.

hunnymonster said:
Saw it, clocked the price tag and moved right along.

Aye, in mine the short loft was £7.99 and the long £3.99;no name, no other details except for a little slip on how to care for the brush. It was the compact size that drew my attention - even smaller than the WS brush.