Wickham Soap Co. Apricus

OP
Scorpio93
I haven’t used this scent in Wickham’s soap before, but viewing a recent sotd by @Digimonkey saying that Citrus Musk is an even better match for Eau Savage than Apricus. If that’s your interest?
I've actually not tried the Citrus Musk (or smelled Eau Savage) - will have a look whether I can find out a bit more about them! Potentially could be, thanks! I'll have a search online about them, scent profile etc

I've actually not tried the Citrus Musk (or smelled Eau Savage) - will have a look whether I can find out a bit more about them! Potentially could be, thanks! I'll have a search online about them, scent profile etc
Unfortunately for you, Citrus Musk has been discontinued by Darron. You may be able to get one by asking on the BST though.

The Emporium has one but it's not for sale ;)

OP
Scorpio93
Unfortunately for you, Citrus Musk has been discontinued by Darron. You may be able to get one by asking on the BST though.

The Emporium has one but it's not for sale ;)
How do you rate it's scent? (I'm assuming quite good since you decided to keep it). Even better if you're able to say in comparison to Apricus :)

I swear I always look for soaps that are harder to get.... A&E spartacus, now Wickhams Apricus... just my luck! :D

How do you rate it's scent? (I'm assuming quite good since you decided to keep it). Even better if you're able to say in comparison to Apricus :)

I swear I always look for soaps that are harder to get.... A&E spartacus, now Wickhams Apricus... just my luck! :D
I really like both. Interestingly I wouldn't say that I find either of them close to Eau Sauvage - I have the newer EDT version so not sure if this is why?

Digimonkey

Supporter
Supporter
To clarify what I meant in the sotd post - my fault for not expressing myself properly - I wasn't suggesting Citrus Musk or Apricus smell exactly the same as Eau Sauvage - just that there is a broad overlap with the way they smell - so there is a harmonious continuity from soap to splash/balm to scent. This is what I mean by saying they dovetail nicely. Another example would be - for me - OSP Orange & Patchouli soap and splash then Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte. That probably didn't help at all. :) - I.

@Boycie83 - Sauvage edt was my signature scent until I tried the parfum variant - in my opinion superior in every way. Longevity and sillage in the Creed class but at less than half the cost. You should try it.

To clarify what I meant in the sotd post - my fault for not expressing myself properly - I wasn't suggesting Citrus Musk or Apricus smell exactly the same as Eau Sauvage - just that there is a broad overlap with the way they smell - so there is a harmonious continuity from soap to splash/balm to scent. This is what I mean by saying they dovetail nicely. Another example would be - for me - OSP Orange & Patchouli soap and splash then Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte. That probably didn't help at all. :) - I.

@Boycie83 - Sauvage edt was my signature scent until I tried the parfum variant - in my opinion superior in every way. Longevity and sillage in the Creed class but at less than half the cost. You should try it.
Thanks Iain - that could be a gift option for my tenth 29th birthday.

Top Bottom