Why Wooden Bowls?

It doesn't do anything positive for the protection of the scent as far as I know. If it was just for that reason, I'd say there are much better materials that would do that job better, glass with a screw top lid would probably be the ideal... if you look at most wooden soap bowls you find the lid is quite often not exactly tight fitting.

At a guess I'd say it's purely aesthetic... wood is tactile and warm to touch, and it has a look of luxury about it. I think it just fits in with the whole image of tradition. That's my theory anyway, it looks the part.

Just an idea. I'd go with the Humidor effect. Just as tobacco is better stored in wood. I'd say once a round is wetted it stores better in wood than it would in ceramic. Wood may regulate the moisture while a non porous container would just allow it to over soften.
Could be just BS, but sounds good!:)-)

Johnus said:
Just an idea. I'd go with the Humidor effect. Just as tobacco is better stored in wood. I'd say once a round is wetted it stores better in wood than it would in ceramic. Wood may regulate the moisture while a non porous container would just allow it to over soften.
Could be just BS, but sounds good!:)-)

Sounds good to me too.

Back
Top Bottom