Why is 1/2/3/4 printed on each corner of a DE blade?

RedNeckRash said:
Swivel said:
Some people flip the blade?
I know i'm new too this lark, but that is one thing i don't think i'll be doing.

The art is to only use your mouth to flip the blade! :D

Yes indeed! When I have blunted the blade sufficiently I actually eat the blade. Been doing this since I gave blood recently, or rather didn't give blood. They told me that my iron level was below the minimum requirement so turned me away.

Are razor blades made of iron?

Pig Cat said:
RedNeckRash said:
Swivel said:
Some people flip the blade?
I know i'm new too this lark, but that is one thing i don't think i'll be doing.

The art is to only use your mouth to flip the blade! :D

Yes indeed! When I have blunted the blade sufficiently I actually eat the blade. Been doing this since I gave blood recently, or rather didn't give blood. They told me that my iron level was below the minimum requirement so turned me away.

Are razor blades made of iron?

:hungrig Yes, until I get a sharps bin I will join you in eating the blunt(ish) blades :hungrig

Flipping blades? Life's too short and blades are too cheap.

Also I suspect that it would lead to a worse shaving edge, due to handling, realignment and potential burrs.

But what do I know?

Surely shaving "up" as well as "down" inverts the blade anyway?

antdad said:
I find that if you correspond the odd and even numbered blade edges with odd and even dates in the month and the lunar cycle you can get a much smoother shave. The gravitational effect of the moon affects the Earth's core which leads to a realignment of steel molecules along the razor edge. Simple.

Thats only if you have your pyramid [everyones got one for sharpening there blades :roll:] 3rd corner facing the North Pole.

:?

Tony_B said:
antdad said:
I find that if you correspond the odd and even numbered blade edges with odd and even dates in the month and the lunar cycle you can get a much smoother shave. The gravitational effect of the moon affects the Earth's core which leads to a realignment of steel molecules along the razor edge. Simple.

Thats only if you have your pyramid [everyones got one for sharpening there blades :roll:] 3rd corner facing the North Pole.

Magnetic north or true north?

Jeltz said:
Tony_B said:
antdad said:

Magnetic north or true north?

There’s only one and Santa lives there... :evil:

RedNeckRash said:
I didnt even think of flipping the blades :)

Well, for some unknown reason (though possibly linked to my deeply (very very deeply), entrenched suicidal ideation), I think of the flipping blades much of the flipping time.

• Oh.
        • ...he said 'flipping the blades', not 'the flippin...'
            • ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                • ... nevermind.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                  • Carry on.[/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom