Why Do We Wet/Traditional Shave Why ?

Actually, I started down this road as a solution to ingrown hairs. I have been through all the stages and some more than once. To me the most important factor is still that initial goal. Everything else is secondary. I have all the blades, soaps, brushes, etc., that a man could possibly pine for, but once in a while I buy a bauble here & there. Variety is nice, but the luster of that "diamond" has since faded somewhat. If I could sell 95% of my stuff for a fair price I believe I would as I would be content with a Tech and a Schick injector. I am "jaded", but I still enjoy the Kameradschaft obviously as I am still here and a few other places.
I started down this road just to use my old man's Gillette OLD type. Buncha forum people told me to use "this" and get "that" and now I doomed!

New stuff has no charisma, no soul, just meaningless tools to get the job done
Over It Reaction GIF

It's the fork in the road, either you're a scumbag, or you shave like a man with proper vintage shaving goods. (y)
Skating Pro Skater GIF by United Wrestling Network

Call me Scumbag Sketch with the occasional vintage foray.

Shaving is a lot like MILFing, Toby. We all enjoy the thought of dipping in to that hot mature occasionally but it's that tantalising new minx that will ultimately rock your world.

New stuff has no charisma, no soul, just meaningless tools to get the job done. Like using a printer to print the Mona Lisa instead of painting it. Vintage is the journey that I choose, tools that have a history, a story to tell, and gobs of charisma. If I just wanted to hack off the hair I would use Bic disposables, and I wouldn't be on the computer right now. :unsure:
1 agree to a certain extent.
vintage is probably the way to go however there is some cracking newbies that i wouldn’t class as soleless, The Rex Ambassador being one that’s full of charm to me and off course the modern feathers are class also

Skating Pro Skater GIF by United Wrestling Network

Call me Scumbag Sketch with the occasional vintage foray.

Shaving is a lot like MILFing, Toby. We all enjoy the thought of dipping in to that hot mature occasionally but it's that tantalising new minx that will ultimately rock your world.
I prefer mature razors, you'd have to be a razor pedophile to mess with that young stuff! o_O

This tread had me thinking over the past couple of days. I like the quiet "me time" associted with shaving first thing i the morining. It gives me time to ready myself for what the day might bring. The use of good creams and a razor adds a bit of luxury to this, making a mundane task into an enjoyable experience. Before "seeing the light" I used Mach 3 cartridges but with good cream. I switched to DE s about three years ago (I got annoyed at the price of cartridges), and have never looked back. Blades shave (or at least seem to--which is all that counts) closer, keeping the sandpaper feel off my face longer, while adding a little more luxury. Plus the ability to use a well-engineered piece of equipment to do this raises this level of luxury. So I suppose, a lot has to do with the good start that it gives to my days.

"Why Do We Wet/Traditional Shave Why ?"

I just love looking at my gorgeous manly face, and those vintage razors look just as amazing in the mirror as they do in my hand, I feel sorry for you fellas.

;) :p

Back
Top Bottom