Why do I seem to ghet a better shave with new razors?

Since starting straight shaving, I have bought too many several razors, some vintage and some brand new.

most of you seem to use vintage razors but I find that I get a better shave with new razors, am I doing something wrong with the vintage ones?

The only nottable exception to this is my Dovo 'en vogue' which irritates the living s**t out of my skin - parhaps it needs honing properly?

Matt

Any blade that was sitting in its wrapper for more than 10years has lost its coating...not to mention some oxidation has set in somewhere which isnt viewable to the human eye...though I did have a few 7 O'Clock blades made in England that were vintage..I didnt know they were and shaved like a dream!...Thnx to Kev later telling me they were vintage :lol:

B

Blades said:
Any blade that was sitting in its wrapper for more than 10years has lost its coating...not to mention some oxidation has set in somewhere which isnt viewable to the human eye...though I did have a few 7 O'Clock blades made in England that were vintage..I didnt know they were and shaved like a dream!...Thnx to Kev later telling me they were vintage :lol:

B

We're talking straight razors, not DE blades... :D

Max

FrenchBlade said:
Blades said:

B

We're talking straight razors, not DE blades... :D

Max

:lol: :lol: ok ok I'll put the Vodka and Cranberry juice glass down :mrgreen:

I think we are talking full hollows, theyre certainly not wedges by any stretch.

one of them is a Taylor 'eye witness' sheffield 5/8 (made in the 30's I think)
off the top of my head, I cant remember what the others are

Back
Top Bottom