Why do I find a blade I like and then find its discontinued!

As a noob I didn't realise how quickly these things change.

I started out liking Sputniks (RIP)
now I've moved on to Astra Keramik (soon to be RIP by the looks of things) thank goodness I've managed to order a load from Paul but now he's on limited stock!

Has it always been like this?

At least I never tried a swede!

by the way people talk about them on here, that would really have p****d me off!

I do have a large supply of astra keramiks though! I have some Zorrik blades that I was going to try but dont want to now in case I like them lol

I went from UK Wilkinsons to Gillette Silver Blues to Nacet to Gillette Platinum (Swedes) to Polsilvers - all gone.

matt31 said:
At least I never tried a swede!

by the way people talk about them on here, that would really have p****d me off!

I do have a large supply of astra keramiks though! I have some Zorrik blades that I was going to try but dont want to now in case I like them lol

Go on! Try the Zorriks - they're really cheap so you might be able to stock up on s#!tloads of them if they're going to be dropped.

... and Sputniks aren't made anymore? meh.
I thought they were just Russian domestic market ZAO-made, ie: not generally exported anywhere.

I think the Zorriks are getting hard to come by now too, thats why i'm reluctant to try them. I'll just keep telling myself they'll be cheap and awful and keep them for when my stash of other blades runs out (in a few years lol)

moodymick said:
Arrowhead said:
Hunnymonster has it right: when you find something good, buy a lot. Mind you, he has taken it a bit further than most people would.

A bit!! :shock:

Good grief, i couldn't afford to buy that many, let alone the compensatory 'Mulberry' products i would need to purchase to keep the peace :oops:

Lads! Lads! You think all mine have arrived through our front door? In fact more than 70% arrived at "Remote Stash Location #1" (codename: mum's house) and have slowly been transported under cover to here... the fact that my mum lives ~80 miles away is a big help here.

Anyway - I've not spent that much tbh - not only have I bought in bulk, but generally speaking when I see a wildly good offer that I can partake of (my Astras - $10/100 and 11 for 10 with free shipping, when it was $2/£1)

Back
Top Bottom