Who uses a scuttle?

AJP

I am really tempted - especially as i have seen one handmade here in Germany which looks really nice. Do many people use them? (Or are they a bit of a gimmick :D )

Cheers,

Would you mean with scuttle something like this?

[attachment=0]

Yep I use it from time to time.

But this isn't anything special; it's a jar for cream or butter that's now become a shaving attribute.

Attachments

• IMGP3032 klein.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 147
This is the one i am looking at. A double walled scuttle. I use a mug to lather with at the moment and keep putting it in the sink to keep it warm between lathering for passes. This does look like a way of keeping the lather warm, and looking good too. (I think so anyway :D )

Attachments

• s_137[1].jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 136
Earlier post updated:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=871&p=27191#p27191" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=871&p=27191#p27191</a><!-- l -->

I've been using a sort of improvised scuttle from time to time recently, and I'm coming round to thinking that they are rather a good idea. More useful than a shaving mug at any rate.

Personal preference for a brush scuttle, I only need the brush warmed when face lathering. If there is any left over lather that is usually when I lather in a bowl and I make the lather and then stick the brush in the scuttle to heat while I do some more face prep with hot water rinsing.

Be careful not to make the water too hot - it will cause the lather to break down.

I don't use one any more for this reason, I found it affected my lather's quality. It was warm though! ;-)

John

I don't use one for two very good reasons -
a) I don't have one.
b) The counter on my sink is too narrow to accommodate a conventional piece.

However, I am always on the lookout for one of those insulated or double walled contrivances that people use to keep sauces warm/dips cold at the table.
As I am a face latherer and would only use it to keep the brush warm between passes this would be an indulgence rather than a necessity, but should serendipity ever put one in my line of sight I should probably buy it.

Back
Top Bottom