Which Yaqi synthetic knot type/size?

Hi Everyone!
I read so much good about the Yaqi synthetic brushes decided to try out one or two. Which knot type have you guys tried? My "preferance" is rathar not too much backbone, and relatively mild. F eks: I have a Simpson trafalgar T3 which is a fantastic lather monster, but it is a little too stiff, too much backbone for my taste, but does better with harder soaps of course. (My favorites today are the PAA green ray and the peregrino in this order). Will look for probably 24 mm, as I experienced these synthetics tends to be bigger than the announced value, the T3 f. eks. is 26 mm on paper, but I measured 31 mm which is way too much for my taste. The PAA are also 27 mm measured instead of the annonced 24 mm, but that feels kind of the sweet spot for me. I measured right at the top of the handle. It is probably the same with Yaqi? Anyone can confirm that please? I have also a Mühle synthetic which is really exactly 21 mm as on paper, but that is the only one that matches the official size. :) Like that one also, but that has a little too much "exfoliating" effect for me when face lathering.

Last edited:
Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knots are nice. Sagrada Familia is a nice brush for example but other Yaqi brushes have the same knot. It just depends on personal preference for the handle.

I know you specifically mention Yaqi, but another brush to consider is Razorock 24mm with the Plissoft knots. There are a few handle styles that use the same knot.
They are not too expensive and given your preferences are worth checking out.

I second the Sagrada Familia. It’s my go to brush with new soaps as it’s just so consistently good. It’s a Goldilocks brush for me, not too soft, prickly etc just right. It often pops up in their app weekly flash sales as well but is so cheap normally if you want it you can grab it without feeling you’ve been stung on the price. I love their tuxedo knots too.

In fact it can’t be had for £8.45 shipped from Spain on the app which will make delivery much quicker as at the moment free shipping is taking a long time from China, (currently waiting in soaps and splashes order over 2 months ago and the first has just been cleared at customs!)

Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knots are nice. Sagrada Familia is a nice brush for example but other Yaqi brushes have the same knot. It just depends on personal preference for the handle.

I know you specifically mention Yaqi, but another brush to consider is Razorock 24mm with the Plissoft knots. There are a few handle styles that use the same knot.
They are not too expensive and given your preferences are worth checking out.
Exactly that Razorock brush is already on the way to me from USA. :) Hope I will get it next week sometime. Will try for one som tuxedo knots then. Thanks!

In fact it can’t be had for £8.45 shipped from Spain on the app which will make delivery much quicker as at the moment free shipping is taking a long time from China, (currently waiting in soaps and splashes order over 2 months ago and the first has just been cleared at customs!)
It says can't be delivered from Spain to Norway only from China, which is strange, but I will check it again maybe with some other brushes. :(

I ordered my SF brush earlier this year and ticked the Spain box when ordering. A week later I got a message from Yaqi to cancel the order and make a new one from China.
This might no longer be the case but thought I'd mention it.

I ordered my SF brush earlier this year and ticked the Spain box when ordering. A week later I got a message from Yaqi to cancel the order and make a new one from China.
This might no longer be the case but thought I'd mention it.
Thanks for the info.

I'm four Yaqis in so far :rolleyes: Obviously personal preference, but the Sagrada Familia Tuxedo is my fave. 26mm Tuxedo (Mysterious Space) feels more like a powder puff than a shaving brush! 24mm Chianti Tuxedo is the same knot as the SF obviously, and herein lies the rub. Look out for Yaqi "defect" brushes if you don't mind handle style. Cheap as, and all of mine have been spot on.
I've also picked up the Yaqi Beaux HD Premium Synthetic knot - holds more water and is a little less soft, but an awesome brush for the price.

I know your saying Yaqi but you should give the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements brushes a go.
Brilliant brushes & not much backbone
I have already 2 PAA and I love them. Those 2 are the absolute favorites as of today. I like most The Green Ray and I often use the Peregrino also. :) Just wanna try some Yaquis also. :)

I'm four Yaqis in so far :rolleyes: Obviously personal preference, but the Sagrada Familia Tuxedo is my fave. 26mm Tuxedo (Mysterious Space) feels more like a powder puff than a shaving brush! 24mm Chianti Tuxedo is the same knot as the SF obviously, and herein lies the rub. Look out for Yaqi "defect" brushes if you don't mind handle style. Cheap as, and all of mine have been spot on.
I've also picked up the Yaqi Beaux HD Premium Synthetic knot - holds more water and is a little less soft, but an awesome brush for the price.
Thank for the tips! have you maybe measured them? If the 26 and 24 are really that size? I mean at top of the handle where they are the most "thin".

All Yaqi synths are more than capable of making an excellent lather, but it's about finding the right size for your needs.

IMO, the 24mm are about the sweet spot, but the 26mm seem to make a lather a touch quicker.

The only thing I would say is worth keeping an eye for is if you buy direct from Yaqi they occasionally send out a stinker, one that will have a glue bump set ridiculously high but they send out replacements if you contact them.

Yaqi also make OEM brushes for a few others including PAA, who's brushes cost a little more but come with nice handles and you can get them from a number of retailers in the UK, I know a few guys speak of them very highly here.

All Yaqi synths are more than capable of making an excellent lather, but it's about finding the right size for your needs.

IMO, the 24mm are about the sweet spot, but the 26mm seem to make a lather a touch quicker.

The only thing I would say is worth keeping an eye for is if you buy direct from Yaqi they occasionally send out a stinker, one that will have a glue bump set ridiculously high but they send out replacements if you contact them.

Yaqi also make OEM brushes for a few others including PAA, who's brushes cost a little more but come with nice handles and you can get them from a number of retailers in the UK, I know a few guys speak of them very highly here.
Ok, so it is basically that two PAA I have as of today (and which I already like a lot), kind of "Yaqi knots" just with different handles? So now I will have soon 6 very "similar" brushes? :)

Back
Top Bottom