Which shampoo and conditioner are you currently using?

D

Deleted member 12673

hello people so I was wondering which shampoo and conditioner you been using?

So I've been using this grandpa's pine tar soap as I use a lot of beard products and honestly I've never had any shampoo clean my ahair and strip it of product as well as this grandpa's pines tar soap

I've been following some of these tips by the YouTuber George Bruno and honestly he knows his stuff imo

I'm also using cantu leave in conditioner which is paraben free etc too

I've also been co washing too for a long time and seeing a lot of benefits too, like soft beard etc

Anyways Which shampoo and conditioner are you currently using?

Viviscal Full Force.
I have thin hair as it is and on top of that age is making it's own mark with receding and thining. In my atempt to slow things down I take the viviscal men tablets so thought to use their shampoo as well. It does a pretty good job so I'm sticking with it.

Many years ago I went to see a manufacturer who made hair shampoo and conditioner for many of the premium brands and he did regular comparisons between his products and all others. His view was that apart from the cheapest brands there was very little diffrerence between the best and the worst. The cheapest at the time was about £1 a litre and from Boots.

He had a big wake up call when Aldi and Lidl came along and in blind tests many people could not tell the difference between Aldi shampoo and others at 10x the price. Advice on Conditioners was the opposite, his advice was to buy the best you can.

Vosene.

I played rugby a few years ago and we went on a tour in the Philipines. On the first night we went to a local disco where a very innocent member of the team met a young lady. By dance 2 he told her he loved her and within an hour they realised they were meant for one another, we looked on and thought 'how sweet'.

They set off for his hotel and she loved him so much that she invited one of her friends to come along. Next morning reality hit when she asked to be paid, he had spent all his money in the bar, she said (we had a T shirt printed with this sentence) 'You Cheapie Charlie, you have fun last night and you no pay this morning'. All the time pointing to a wet patch on the bed.

The only thing that he had that was of any interest to the new-found love of his life was a bottle of Vosene, so they left with that.

Last edited:
I used Pantene Classic Clean, shampoo and separate conditioner, but recently the formula for the conditioner has been altered, so have now moved to L'Oreal's Elvive nourishing conditioner (dry to very dry hair); friend of mine however swears by using only Fairy Liquid washing up liquid and has used it all of his life; his hair still looks good in his mid 70's. A lot depends on what type of hair you were born with I believe.

I must admit I pay no mind to shampoo, my hair is kept to #4 or thereabout so it doesn't matter, and I have no beard either. However the mention of Vosene just took me right back to the 70s! I love the smell of it, largely because of nostalgia but obviously I liked it as a kid too. Unfortunately I can't say it without doing so to the tune of Dolly Parton singing Jolene! I have a vague recollection of rewriting the words for the shampoo. In fact I am not the only one! I have posted this before but can't resist.

Back
Top Bottom