which de razor should i get from these ones?

We're the wrong people to ask . . .

We've all spent way too much money on razors, brushes, soaps/creams and everything else

Best you stick with your Muhle razor and brush

I could suggest a dozen razors which might not suit your preference
yea i hear you lol

No, the last thing I need in my life is yet another time thief of a hobby!

I bet it's interesting though, finding obscure stations from around the world, seeing what they're watching in Ulaanbaatar, a bit like a modern version of the shortwave radio hobby I suppose.
Yea it's fun and sometimes you get free sports which are on ppv in the UK like boxing for example

so got the edwin jagger kelvin today looks nice,

small but wide handle, the handle is longer then a gillette tech handle to give you an idea,
for the price point with 5 derby green blades you cant go wrong tbh

imo only thing i would say that lets it down is that you get a nice looking box, a nice looking razor but the razor is just wrapped in paper,
no plastic or cardboard pull out, that in my eyes feels like a corner cut but for the price maybe im asking too much i dont know?

i wonder if all edwin jagger razors are packed like this

IMG_20201217_233415__01_compress67.jpg
IMG_20201217_233445__01_compress83.jpg

so got the edwin jagger kelvin today looks nice,

small but wide handle, the handle is longer then a gillette tech handle to give you an idea,
for the price point with 5 derby green blades you cant go wrong tbh

imo only thing i would say that lets it down is that you get a nice looking box, a nice looking razor but the razor is just wrapped in paper,
no plastic or cardboard pull out, that in my eyes feels like a corner cut but for the price maybe im asking too much i dont know?

i wonder if all edwin jagger razors are packed like this

View attachment 62209
View attachment 62210
A plastic pull out would defeat the purpose of environmentally friendly shaving. You've also got an Edwin Jagger razor for ~£15 so sacrifices are going to have to be made somewhere.

Worth noting that the EJ89 head on the razor is the exact same head on your MÜHLE. MÜHLE and EJ partner on a lot of things and the 89 head is common to them both. Shave with this as you do your MÜHLE.

A plastic pull out would defeat the purpose of environmentally friendly shaving. You've also got an Edwin Jagger razor for ~£15 so sacrifices are going to have to be made somewhere.

Worth noting that the EJ89 head on the razor is the exact same head on your MÜHLE. MÜHLE and EJ partner on a lot of things and the 89 head is common to them both. Shave with this as you do your MÜHLE.
You make a fair point mate

Okay I'll take on your advice

Hi Saj, Amazon is not the best place to look for razors. There are many, many other vendors out there such as Connaught, Agent Shave, Shaving Time & The Executive Shaving Co.

I would recommend getting an adjustable de razor like the Merkur Progress or the Parker Variant. The advantage of these razors is that you can adjust the aggressiveness on the fly until you find your sweet spot. After that, you will have a far better idea of which razors will suit your shaving routine.

Hi Saj, Amazon is not the best place to look for razors. There are many, many other vendors out there such as Connaught, Agent Shave, Shaving Time & The Executive Shaving Co.

I would recommend getting an adjustable de razor like the Merkur Progress or the Parker Variant. The advantage of these razors is that you can adjust the aggressiveness on the fly until you find your sweet spot. After that, you will have a far better idea of which razors will suit your shaving routine.
cool ill try out one of the vendors in the future (y)

btw notice youre also from the west midlands too, nice :)

I’ve recently returned to DE’s after around 7 years using only straights, it’s sort of a u-turn, going from cartridge to DE to Straights and back. I’ve owned the Jagger 89, and the Muhle 89, a Parker 96 (appalling razor), the Merkur Slant, and the Razorock Black Hawk. My current favourite and daily shave is my Fatip Testina Gentile, I love its weight and it’s a great balance of efficiency and smoothness, the 89’s being way too mild and, for my liking, way too much tab overhang for working across and under the nose. The FTG gets mixed reviews, some find setting the blade awkward, and others don’t like the short column handle, suggesting it’s slippery when wet, but I’ve had no such issues with mine. I think, as with all razors, it’s finding the right combo of razor and blade, for me the FTG works beautifully with a Derby Premium.

Back
Top Bottom