Which AC blade or blades to try

I have and use Schick Prolines, Feather Pros and Pro Supers and Kai Pinks, and find they can all give a good shave. I swap them round between a Colonial General in stainless, Mongoose, ATT SE1, Blackland Vector, Hawk V3 with the standard plate and Claymore Evo. With some combinations it's necessary to be very careful and keep pressure to an abolute minimum, while others require real precision to get just the angle needed to actually remove whiskers efficiently; but they all work one way or another. The Kai Pinks have surprised me most. I always thought they would be too mild, but I was given some, found I like them a lot and bought some more.
However, I fancy trying a different blade and would appreciate some recommendations. I have tended to dismiss guarded blades, but my experience with the Kai Pinks suggests they might be worth a go, but which one? Or are the standard Kai Captains worth a try, or perhaps the Proshave S blades at Connaught?

I've taken XTG up on his generous offer, and might eventually go down the route suggested by Sabre, although that would prove a bit costly. Also, I don't really want to accumulate as big a collection of SE blades as I have of DE ones; it's a good job my son is now using these, because I hardly ever do. Meanwhile, any more comments on which AC blades everybody likes would be more than welcome.

Sounds like you have a sample of most of what is desirable, OP. When I had my Vector, I didn't like Kai Captain blades, but I tried one this morning in my SE1, and it was a pleasant shave. If pushed I think I'd go for Schick Prolines as a favourite, but I go through phases with Feather Pro Supers, which I definitely preferred in the Vector; it reduced the necessary pressure to almost nil for me.

Kai Sharpblade - the red ones are my new favourite blade in the SE1

Try them all that's what I did

The only Feather blade I use are the Pro Super, mainly in the brass General

Back
Top Bottom