where to buy stones in the uk

i have spent a long time reading about sharpening razors an naniwa super stone seems to be what i need 1000,12000 and some 3m film may be 3000 &6000 an a boker strop seemed good but now that i have decided on these i was going to get then from a company in the Netherlands claming to be uk but they arent in the uk an the reviews seem quite bad which surprised me i found the stones for sale in the uk but quit a bit more money 12000 £20 more is it you pay your money an take your chances or can i get
naniwa super stone for a good price anywhere in the uk
are we aloud to say company names ?

Would that be Knives and Tools? I had no bother with them, but that was before Brexit.
yes it seem if it all goes ok all is well but any problems like them sending you the wrong thing then they dont want to know just seemed like i could spend alot on a stone an have it arrive broken or wrong grit sent an no back up service

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for KaTo (Knives and Tools). Yes, they almost 'purport' to be UK from the URL but its fairly clear once you're in the site that stuff dispatches from NL.

I've bought various Japanese kitchen knives, stones, strops, diamond sprays and blokey outdoors stuff from them over the last few years* and have never had an issue. As the others said it usually turns up in a few days, not like ordering Chinese stuff on ebay where by the time it arrives you've forgotten you ordered it!

*Admittedly all before Brexit, Covid and the sky falling in. And I've not had to complain or return anything so I cannot comment on their resolution process.

Some of their own brand (Eden) stuff is good. I took my Eden Susumi SG2 powdered steel wa handle petty to be professionally sharpened, and the guy in JKC was like "wow this is a nice knife, awesome fit and finish, it only needs a touchup, I'll do it for free"

I was also toying with getting a Naniwa 12k from there but I figured I'd wait a bit.

Back
Top Bottom