When does Cheap become Cheap & Nasty?

I was after a cheap brush for travelling. My home brush is a EJ BB small and i like it a lot, although wish i had maybe gone for the medium - but hey ho!

I was thinking of the Omega 10005 discussed elsewhere, but during a mooch around town today, i spotted in 'Bodycare' a few 'Erasmic Superior' Pure Bristle brushes at £2.99 a throw.

Hmm... i thought, WWFD (What Would Fido Do)??

Comments anyone (btw no i didn't buy - yet!)?

It all depends what you're looking for in a travel brush, mine is a 50p boar from wilko's called Image, if I loose it no real hardship, as they say YMMV.

I've got the Vulfix travel brush/tube from Connaught. Most excellent it is too; why should you need to use cheap (& nasty) stuff simply because you're not at home?

Standards need to be maintained I believe, more keenly when on one's travels. If you are really worried about having the A Team stolen or lost use gloop and a disposable for a few days...

If you really insist on a budget of no more than a tenner, I doubt you will improve on this:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1456</a><!-- l -->

Spending any less is in my opinion a complete waste of money if it's some kind of pleasure you are after.

When it becomes ineffective, I bought a cheap brush on holiday one year and it didn't matter if it cost a penny it was shite. Lost mose hairs than a German Shepard when casting coats and held lather like a slotted spoon.

There is no better alternative I have heard of then the 404 for the money. I don't own one but other Vulfix brushes and the opinion of the people here would leave me convinced enough to order one blind.

I take issue with the phrasing of the question - there is a difference between inexpensive & cheap.

Cheap tells you exactly what you need to know, it's not well made, it's nasty & quite possibly not fit for purpose (and not necessarily low in cost).
Inexpensive tells you it's adequate (or better) quality and value for money.

Vulfix 404 mix from DiamondEdge if you want to buy a brush especially for the occasion, or you could buy another brush (an upgrade) for general use and take the EJ with you...

i've got a TOBS bristle travel brush, with tube - never used you can have £12 delivered

or the same price gets you a men-U synthetic

PM if interested

Back
Top Bottom