What's your best budget shave cream?

In Australia for the best budget shave cream for 200ml tub will be

This soap is very very slick.
Frequently on sale in the US (currently $11 shipped) it's a stupid good value. Between this and AOS tallow I really can't justify spending large on artisan soaps or fancy alternatives.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The old style Erasmic cream that was discontinued a few years ago, made in Jordan. A great coconut oil and glycerin cream with the unique old school Erasmic scent. They discontinued it and switched to something else, end of an era. I still have a few tubes left.

Nowadays, it has to be Palmolive.

Hiya,

This old cream made by Coates maybe around 2007 is a pretty amazing deal for what you get here in Yankeetown, especially when you figure the shipping's free on a decent amount. There's 6-7 flavors in small 1.7 NOS old tubes and although there's warnings about the rare kinda dry one I haven't seen one after many times used over the years.

Performance is very good in all ways, although the scent on some may be a bit subdued but still pleasant. Lathers like a rabid St Bernard....fun stuff! Both the rose and lime have been used this week in my rotation and I am kinda particular about the few creams I get wet.

Runs me about a buck an ounce buying 10 or more tubes.....shipped. Y'all ain't gonna find a better banger in your bloomers anywhere.

I think it's http://www.coatescream.com but no idea about shipping to Limeyland.

Last edited:

Wow, I thought they discontinued Coates years ago. I'm surprised it's still available, he must have a big stock.

Wow, I thought they discontinued Coates years ago. I'm surprised it's still available, he must have a big stock.

There's some info and pics about the seller's great find at the site. I have ordered 3-4 times over the last 3-4 years or so and the stuff is a pleasure to use. I give out lots of those small 1.7 ounce travel tubes for almost free.

Have only tried ingrams and la toja. But la toja is truly special. Better than any soap I have used (not that I have tried many of those, yet, either). Would like to try speick next.