What's T&H Luxury soap like?

I am starting to run down my "old faithful" soap - Trumpers Coconut Oil.

I spent the last year working through absolutely tons and tons of products to finally reach the point that my first choice is Trumpers Coconut.
Didn't like the DR.Harris line, hated Tabac, couldn't stand the smell of C&E Sandalwood, wouldn't wash a dog with MWF :cool:
Trumpers Rose was nice but coconut better (although the Trumpers Rose cream is my favourite)

L'occitane Cade was probably up there in efficacy but the old style bowl made it go black and what looked like mouldy! So seem to be put off for ever now.

The question is - has anyone got any opinion on Truefitt and Hill Luxury soap?

Part of me thinks... just order a refill of Trumpers Coconut Oil and stick with what you know; you've spent enough already. But then the little devil sat on my right shoulder is whispering in my ear.... "perhaps T&H Luxury Soap is better, order some you know you WANT TO!!!!"

So fellow members of SHAVEAHOLICS ANONYMOUS... should I drop £16 plus P&P on the T&H or what?????

Thanks in advance.

I know... mr.fussy me. Also never been accused of sitting on the fence :D

Seriously, I had a bad skin reaction to Tabac. Very rare but at least three others I know of on SMF have also had a bad reaction - perhaps its the perfume?

In regards, MWF. It just reminded me of a dog soap I used to use on my boxer dog as a kid. That and the usual problems of not getting a decent lather meant I ended up PIFing it along to someone else.

Just never got on with the Marlborough smell and didn't take to Arlington (again PIFed). I haven't tried Almond but thats covered by my Cella stash!

..mmm

i wonder if you'd enjoy Irisch Moos, basically Tabac with a different scent.

MWF, i can understand your aversion to it as when we were apprentices our lecture on skincare came on the day we left the training school :roll: and it was a bucket of Lanolin :lol:

when i was going to treat myself to a high end soap Tony and others pointed me in the DRH direction and i'm glad they did.
i got T&H creams though and when i get another luxury soap it'll be C&E Sienna (waiting on them making new batches)

how about a GFT?

Never tried it myself but BH is selling a refill that seems excellent value.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Truefitt-Hill-Luxury-Shaving-Soap-Refill_W0QQitemZ280387068960QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP?hash=item41485f2420&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Truefitt-Hill-Lux ... 911.c0.m14</a><!-- m -->

As you dislike so many...how about AOS unscented. :lol:

Just placed my order for T&H in the nice wooden bowl. In for a penny, in for £18.76 :p
I know I could've got a refill for half-the-price, but it is a nice looking bowl.

As perhaps the (unofficially) fussiest person in regards soap acceptance on this forum, I will post a review once it arrives.
Given my previous track record, get ready for a PIF announcement :ugeek:

Back
Top Bottom