What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

I looked and IMO too post-modern "sterile". Like a Swiss railroad watch on downers. I am drawn to the old style 'field watch" look for the most part, but with day/date if possible. I really like these (but don't one one):

My Timex expedition is exactly the same as that but without the day date. And a yellow second hand. Incidentally the same as Dieter rams Braun watches from the 50's.

I'm with you. A friend left me his Citizen chrono but I never wear it as the face is too busy and I like a very clear face, honestly even without date as its always too small for me to read so is just clutter. That's what I like about Gairdner's one above.

Funnily enough, before I got my Casio tough solar (which is also more complicated than it needs to be), my "beater" was a Lorus that looks very similar to the white face field watch in your video above at about 4'03" Mr Bogeyman. I've had 2, cost me less than 30 of her majesty's beer tokens a piece, waterproof, and the whole face is lume with black hands. I should have just got another but I fancied solar to do away with battery hassle. In many ways though I preferred it to my Casio.

Yes! That is the one I mean. Bargain of the century, look great, easy to read, even at night, small enough not to catch on everything and fit under bike jackets, and keeps good time until you've had several battery changes. Eventually both mine started running slow even with new batteries but by then I had had my moneys worth. I'll get another one I think.

If you can recall, how many years was that before they went bad? :unsure:
Well, not sure exactly. I found a battery change ticket from 2014 so I must have bought one of them let's say 2012. Not sure if it was this one or the one that did go slow. I've just found one watch whilst looking for the answer to your question and it's telling the right time!! I didn't even think I still had it! I don't remember wearing it since spring, (not 100% sure) so it must have kept time for a year! (I don't wear 2 at a time, the Storm watch was what I had on this morning just to show the time is the same!)

Edit :It's the Storm that is a couple of minutes fast by the way. 16356035994167948895677964185478.jpg

That Casio has a magnetic declination feature I read!! Impressive!! Not that it is much in the U.K.

Yes it does, it also tells the temperature via it's double sensor I payed £41 for the watch, I'm always impressed with my casio watches, bargains can be had, I also own a Rangeman and a Mudmaster the latter is on my wrist today.

Back
Top Bottom