What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

The other day I was chatting in person with a 70 something old Marine who was a Vietnam War vet and I noticed he wore an old immaculate Rolex with a green dial and just the date. When queried he said be bought it in SE Asia during the war and that just recently he had a jeweler appraise it for $13,000 U.S. He also stated that he had a black one just like it. :unsure:
Yeh they did that sort off thing back in the day, a single young man on a good wage having most of his living expenses payed by Uncle Sam they often saved up to buy a Rolex and they were very popular amongst the troops......THE only catch? you get to keep and enjoy the watch only IF you don’t get shit minced by Charlie, The Dirty V.C Bastards!

I recently bought a second hand Glycine Airman with the 24 hour face. For what I paid it was very cheap considering the quality of the case and the movement.
Just going back to Casios I used to visit Malaysia quite a bit and the F91W was about £2 in the grocers shops and cheaper if you bought them by the dozen. The fakes were even cheaper! Probably the most successful watch ever made.

IMG_0196.jpg

Another Casio workhorse the GW 7900. Solar charging and atomic sync for less than £100.

IMG_0195.jpg

Thank you. The Sellita SW 200.1 (copy of an eta movement) has a added screw adjustment for regulating it allows +- a few SPD like fine tuning if you will, in truth you find the sweet spot with the main arm (this movement settles in around the + 6 seconds per day) then use the screw for getting closer, letting the ballance settle after each adjustment it works but you still have to find that sweet spot, my coaxial timegrapher is a godsend for this task.20210218_173623.jpg

Back
Top Bottom