What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

Nice to see a Duro they are usually way over priced in the UK but $50 in Canada last time I was there.. Casio just leave everybody standing when it comes to value.
Seiko Kinetic which has been in store so it'll be a while before it settles down unlike Citizen Eco models.

View attachment 63246
Watches are overpriced in England, the taxman wants his lb of flesh.£49.98 with free shipping
Nice to see a Duro they are usually way over priced in the UK but $50 in Canada last time I was there.. Casio just leave everybody standing when it comes to value.
Seiko Kinetic which has been in store so it'll be a while before it settles down unlike Citizen Eco models.

View attachment 63246
Watches are overpriced in England, the taxman wants his lb of flesh. I paid £49.98 with free shipping, I'd seen the reviews on YouTube "A good beater watch" as they described it as, it keeps good time and is built like a tank, it's got a reputation to keep and lives up to it, all 44mm of it.

People should also be warned that casio will be up dating the Duro since they've lost the rights to print the marlin on the watch they will be a little bit more plain Jane
No I didn't I was expecting the unwelcome reach round from Mr Tax but I escaped his wrath lol

Just to also be honest for full disclosure I have also replaced the crystal for sapphire better scratch resistance, although the original one is around the 3.08 mm thick mark so quite chunky

Last edited:
This arrived the other day, sized the bracelet and refit the spring bar shown in B/W coz the crap lighting and to highlight the somewhat busy dial and rotary slide rule, chuffed to bits with it, chocks away!2007272A-8AF8-4790-889C-C32E8015A4A1.jpeg2007272A-8AF8-4790-889C-C32E8015A4A1.jpegA8ED9458-2750-4F04-97C3-CBC57EAAB873.jpeg2007272A-8AF8-4790-889C-C32E8015A4A1.jpeg2007272A-8AF8-4790-889C-C32E8015A4A1.jpegA8ED9458-2750-4F04-97C3-CBC57EAAB873.jpeg

I noticed the Speedmaster was back on sale not sure if its back in production or Seiko are clearing out their stocks. A friend and I bought 6 from a US source last year and they went very quick.
It's rumoured that Seiko have / or will be ending production of the flightmaster, you might be right about the Speedmaster, however thanks to The urban gentry on YouTube popularising the Flightmaster or "flighty" in recent times, they've enjoyed a bit of popularity boost of recent. It's probably not sold very well in the past due to it's in the tool watch market and got overlooked, its a marmite watch for sure, but its a diamond in the rough for those folks who like it coz they like me just didn't know of it's existence :rolleyes:

Last edited:
All the numbers.

ALL OF THEM!!!
It's a busy watch, a slide rule calculator, (the separate instructions for this have 31 pages of examples of it's use with no free paracetamol) compass bearings, chronometer with split time, separate alarm/ difrent time zone(if preferred) date, 200m of water resistance. Seiko are usually known for sensible watches, but they do like to go all-out on occasion letting that 300lb gorilla out the cage for a dust off.

My first Flightmaster was just a counter sale about 15 years ago and occasionally worn. John as you say it started to reappear on YT with millado on the Urban Gentry where it always appears in his "best of" lists despite slowly disappearing from dealers lists. I got a couple more and if anybody fancies one Long Island Watch company are still selling it don't pay crazy Ebay prices.

Back
Top Bottom