What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

When I was younger I couldn't afford a Rolex. Now I could but wouldn't because as you grow you realise forking out £8000.00 for something that goes tick and does the same as a £20.00 Casio is just a waste of money. If you have that lind of spare money it's just another trinket that you'll get bored with and want another soon. Same with a Wolfman Razor. Had one. The Leaf shaves better.

When I was younger I couldn't afford a Rolex. Now I could but wouldn't because as you grow you realise forking out £8000.00 for something that goes tick and does the same as a £20.00 Casio is just a waste of money. If you have that lind of spare money it's just another trinket that you'll get bored with and want another soon. Same with a Wolfman Razor. Had one. The Leaf shaves better.
I agree we’ll always want bigger & better it’s just our fu**** up heads lol
I’m after a few watches but nothing of expense.
i do want the Christopher Ward Saphire in Black which i showed last week i’m also after a
Mr Jones which is around £350 ish brand new & not to much cheaper second hand.
I’m in Singapore saturday & sunday so i might pick up something,
if i get anything it will probably be a GShock for work but i’ll see how things pan out

I have 3 nice but relatively modest watches.

Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro
Seiko Sarb 035
Seiko Sarb 017 Alpinist

I really like all of them but part of me thinks that if I had the money I would like to sell them to part fund a Grand Seiko Spring Drive. I quite like the idea of having one really nice watch. Having said all that I’m grateful that own 3 very nice watches at a fifth or sixth of the price of a GS Spring Drive.

Seiko Sarb 035
Seiko Sarb 017 Alpinist

I really like all of them but part of me thinks that if I had the money I would like to sell them to part fund a Grand Seiko Spring Drive. I quite like the idea of having one really nice watch. Having said all that I’m grateful that own 3 very nice watches at a fifth or sixth of the price of a GS Spring Drive.

I do I like Seiko in general, but the Alpinist is a really nice watch..

100% Correct and that’s the reason i won’t have one anymore.
iv only ever had two,
A Yacht Master 2 which i bought in tenerife and a colleague of mine offered me double the money after i had it two years.
The other was a Sky Dweller which i smashed at work
The damage wasn’t that bad it was all external but again i was offered a good price & was pissed of with myself so got rid of it
with regret.
Having said that i very much doubt i’ll ever get another due to everything your saying
plus i question if they are the brand they once were.
I know Brands are all in the eye of the beholder but the Planet Ocean Movement for me is a joy.

Skydwellers are amazing An example of Rolex showing what it can do, movement wise..

YMII was a brave choice, but again an interesting movement

I agree we’ll always want bigger & better it’s just our fu**** up heads lol
I’m after a few watches but nothing of expense.
i do want the Christopher Ward Saphire in Black which i showed last week i’m also after a
Mr Jones which is around £350 ish brand new & not to much cheaper second hand.
I’m in Singapore saturday & sunday so i might pick up something,
if i get anything it will probably be a GShock for work but i’ll see how things pan out
I just paid £350 for the Glycine Airman I showed today. Great watches and they have the ETA movement so are reliable too. Lots and lots of variations so you'll find one you like. The Combat Subs are nice too although less sophistocated. They have a 60 click bezel which is a little naff but lets be honest, we don't really use the divers bezel much and if we were serious divers there are better models out there for that inc Seiko.

I got fed up with the luxury watch world but played the game for a while! Was on the list for an Explorer 2, purchased a DJ36 I didn't really want, thankfully managed to flip it without a loss. Rolex IMO, is first and foremost a status symbol to signal the world that you're doing alright for yourself. Speak to anyone you meet wearing one and they can tell you exactly how much it cost, what it's worth now and... usually nothing more. They're okay watches, overpriced for what you get but that's normal in the luxury goods world. One thing I will give them credit for is their bracelets, world class and totally put their closest rival Omega to shame.

These days I'm back in the shallow end of the pond, playing with watches I perceive to be unique or fun... Where I'm at right now, I wouldn't consider paying more than £2K for a watch, simply not worth it to me, once you get beyond posh tool watches such as Tudor or Sinn etc diminishing returns really hit hard. Yeah luxury watches can be pretty cool and all but you're simply not safe walking around with one on your wrist in 21st century Britain.

Feeling like a walking target when out and locking them away in a safe once home is not something I have time for.... Gollum behaviour :LOL:

smeagol-my-precious-funny-shoes.jpg

1980s Vostok Tonneau on FKM Tropic strap. Most annoying thing with these vintage Soviet watches is the standardised 18mm lug width, acceptable for dressier watches but a solid slab of stainless like this just looks ridiculous with a dainty strap. My workaround was to buy a 22mm strap and cut out the corners with a razor blade... Worked well I think.

FYI, all my wrist shots are taken whilst walking the dog... I don't live in a tent in a field :LOL:

Seiko Sarb 035
Seiko Sarb 017 Alpinist

May I put dibs on that SARB if you decide to sell it :giggle:

.. you're simply not safe walking around with one on your wrist in 21st century Britain.
Exactly what I like about my Steeldive Sub homage. Cool looking NH35A watch but cost less than my Storm fashion quartz (I love the design, regardless of the fact it's based on something very expensive). Where I live, knife crime is fairly high and if someone wants to stab me for a £90 trinket I'll let them have it. Although I doubt your average muggers know what a Sub is anyway.

Back
Top Bottom