What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

Looks radioactive. Here's mine.
View attachment 105294
Beautiful.

After wearing one on and off for a couple of weeks I have to say it's sweet as a nut. The movement was my greatest concern going in but it's buttery smooth and on-rails accurate. Going to fit the engraved case back as I don't really like the feel of glass on my wrist, the chrono movement is fun to watch in action though...

caseback_02.jpg

Put a rubber dive strap on my Citizen titanium today for a change. Its a Zuludivers 1960's style retro strap, so the cutout style seems to match the angular batons on the watch face. Appols for the terrible pic quality, as the light is fading and got lots of reflections from the window.

20230508_201925.jpg

In such august company my post might seem a little lame.
Steeldive SD1953 Submariner 'homage'. It's not a Rolex, obviously, and I'm not hoping for people to assume it is. But the Sub is such a great looking watch, I'll never buy an out and out 'fake', nor the real thing. But for under £100 you've a Seiko NH35A automatic in 316 steel, sapphire crystal, 300m water resist and insane lume. They do a bunch of 'retro inspired' dive watches with the same basic formula (someone else's design, 316 or bronze, NH35A, sapphire crystal). Could have had a Blancpain 50 Fathoms style, SKX007, all sorts. But I really like how these Subs look and let's face it, even if you do have £10k spare they won't sell you one!20230511_173731.jpg
20230511_174036.jpg

In such august company my post might seem a little lame.
Steeldive SD1953 Submariner 'homage'. It's not a Rolex, obviously, and I'm not hoping for people to assume it is. But the Sub is such a great looking watch, I'll never buy an out and out 'fake', nor the real thing. But for under £100 you've a Seiko NH35A automatic in 316 steel, sapphire crystal, 300m water resist and insane lume. They do a bunch of 'retro inspired' dive watches with the same basic formula (someone else's design, 316 or bronze, NH35A, sapphire crystal). Could have had a Blancpain 50 Fathoms style, SKX007, all sorts. But I really like how these Subs look and let's face it, even if you do have £10k spare they won't sell you one!View attachment 105489
View attachment 105488

Nothing wrong with a decent homage..

20230513_161153.jpg

Back
Top Bottom