What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

20230227_155515.jpgLL20230227_160014.jpg20230227_160111.jpg20230227_160324.jpg20230227_160539.jpg20230227_160747.jpg20230227_160800.jpg20230227_160845.jpg20230227_160909.jpg
1.Lorier Neptune (My current wear and now due for a swap)
2.Zelos Swordfish 'Frost' white
3.Raymond Weil Geneve with mother of pearl face...Only one of two quartz watches I own at the moment.
4.Seiko JDM Save the Great White.
5.NTH Devilray.
6.Oris Sixty Five diver.
7.G - Shock GX 56BB (yeah, a bit blingy, but I just wanted it!).
8.Traska Freediver (rare black model).
9.Longines 1960's Ultra Chron (lovely champagne colour dial).
10.Timex (1969 birth year) Marlin (Dundee!?).

There were two others, another Seiko SKX007 which doesn't get enough wear and will end up selling it and Swiss Watch Company (the other quartz).

Attachments

• 20230227_160926.jpg
    20230227_160926.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 3
View attachment 101475LLView attachment 101476View attachment 101477View attachment 101478View attachment 101479View attachment 101480View attachment 101481View attachment 101482View attachment 101483
1.Lorier Neptune (My current wear and now due for a swap)
2.Zelos Swordfish 'Frost' white
3.Raymond Weil Geneve with mother of pearl face...Only one of two quartz watches I own at the moment.
4.Seiko JDM Save the Great White.
5.NTH Devilray.
6.Oris Sixty Five diver.
7.G - Shock GX 56BB (yeah, a bit blingy, but I just wanted it!).
8.Traska Freediver (rare black model).
9.Longines 1960's Ultra Chron (lovely champagne colour dial).
10.Timex (1969 birth year) Marlin (Dundee!?).

There were two others, another Seiko SKX007 which doesn't get enough wear and will end up selling it and Swiss Watch Company (the other quartz).

Nice collection (y) That Seiko JDM is a beauty.

I've been wearing my Hugo Boss watch for a while, but I'll have to give it a rest now because it needs a new battery. I guess that I'll be making a visit to the jewellers sometime in the near future. I've tried going without my watch, but I just feel awkward without it.

I hope that I don't get any bullshit thrown in my direction after this post. I got a load of insinuations about my honesty the last time that I posted in this thread (I had posted about my Longines watch, which I wear very rarely, as it is too expensive to "flash around"). I only own these two watches, and yet some posters on here were suggesting that I was a liar, which annoyed me. Some posters on this thread have far more watches than I do, and yet they don't get any flak at all. Just doesn't seem very fair to me...

I think you really only got picked on because the whole idea of the thread is to post a pic and if I recall rightly, you didn't/wouldn't.
OP: "...how about a WRUW thread to show off today's, and every day's, wrist wear?"

Not sure anyone was really calling you a liar. I can't remember it exactly but if someone said "pics or it didn't happen" then that's a stock "Internet phrase" that people like to use and was probably meant as banter and gentle provocation to get your camera out, rather than a bona fide attack on your integrity. For all anyone knows you might have the Holy trinity of watches but no camera, it was probably just meant in jest. Don't take it to heart, most here are nice guys having a bit of fun. We wanna see pics! Not for verification, but because we like watch 'pr0n'.

I think you really only got picked on because the whole idea of the thread is to post a pic and if I recall rightly, you didn't/wouldn't.
OP: "...how about a WRUW thread to show off today's, and every day's, wrist wear?"

Not sure anyone was really calling you a liar. I can't remember it exactly but if someone said "pics or it didn't happen" then that's a stock "Internet phrase" that people like to use and was probably meant as banter and gentle provocation to get your camera out, rather than a bona fide attack on your integrity. For all anyone knows you might have the Holy trinity of watches but no camera, it was probably just meant in jest. Don't take it to heart, most here are nice guys having a bit of fun. We wanna see pics! Not for verification, but because we like watch 'pr0n'.
That may be so. However, when posters on this thread (who don't even know me) basically call my post "bullshit", or in similar terms, then I do find that hurtful. Anyone who knows me personally would confirm that I am 100% honest, and the kind of bloke who doesn't make a habit of telling lies/bullshit/call it what you will.

So, basically I got targeted purely because I didn't have a PICTURE of my watch? That is something that could not be helped, because I genuinely DO NOT have any pictures of my watches. I don't have the means to actually take any pictures of my watches, either. I didn't realise that was a crime, and meant that I was leaving myself wide open to a load of insinuations and insults on this thread. It certainly doesn't mean that I am a liar, because I can't PROVE the existence of my watches. Whatever happened to good, old-fashioned trust, and giving someone the benefit of the doubt? I don't feel as though that has happened here at all.

Believe me, if I had any pics, then I would only be too glad to share them with you. Unfortunately, though, I don't. As I said, it's a question of TRUST. That is clearly not in abundance on this thread...

Indeed, most unfortunate as I have no doubt you possess the watches and we would like to see them. That's what the thread is for. Shame you've no camera. I just didn't want you to be thinking people actually thought you were making it up. I vaguely recall it got a bit snippy which was silly really as nobody is required to prove anything, it's just a thread to post watch pics in. Shame it caused you upset.

Back
Top Bottom