What to do with surplus blades [blade giveaway]

Is there such a thing, I hear you ask......

Well, I'm working my way through a large sampler pack, and I've decided I have to cut down on the number of blades I want to try, otherwise I'll never finish, and if I do, I won't remember what the first ones were like :eek:

To that end, I have ~75 blades of varying makes and models which I don't know what to do with.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Re: What to do with surplus blades

As a noob, I'd second that fine proposal. I have toyed with the idea of adding my name to the blade pif, but don't want to because the sheer volume of blades would probably make my head explode if I tried to choose.
If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion, why not make up a few bundles with five different blades then pif them on. The recipient could send you back a pack of blades you like, or a sample pot of cream, or some cologne or something ( I have loads of sample stuff, can you tell :D )

Over to you!

Ainslie

I like the idea of some smaller pif's swaps, BUT you could always add yourself to the main blade pif going on and when it reaches you chuck them in and take some of what you like?

but stick a list here of what you fancy getting rid of and what you liek people might come up with some swap offers you never know :D

Gingerpose said:
As a noob, I'd second that fine proposal. I have toyed with the idea of adding my name to the blade pif, but don't want to because the sheer volume of blades would probably make my head explode if I tried to choose.
If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion, why not make up a few bundles with five different blades then pif them on. The recipient could send you back a pack of blades you like, or a sample pot of cream, or some cologne or something ( I have loads of sample stuff, can you tell :D )

Over to you!

Ainslie

You should join the blade pif. Its mighty fine. But if you are too shy (!) and you want some blades pm me your address and I will send you some.

Up to you!

@Ainslie: If you PM me your postal address, I'll put a few packs in the post to you (let me know if there's anything you're not interested in)

Everybody else, let me know if you want to try a lucky dip and I'll send them out while there's any left.

Most of them come in unopened 5 packs, so I don't know if I want to open them and split them more than that. To let as many as possible have a go, I guess two or three types of blade per person?

Cheers,
Tom

I have Derby blades that i want to get rid off but i know not many on here will take them if i PIF them :D

If any one wants some PM me your address.

Twinnumber2 said:
I have Derby blades that i want to get rid off but i know not many on here will take them if i PIF them :D

Have you tried and hand strop them or cork them? I like Derbys for my head shaves, but I hand strop before and inbetween shaves.

Mikael said:
Twinnumber2 said:

Have you tried and hand strop them or cork them? I like Derbys for my head shaves, but I hand strop before and inbetween shaves.

As a newbie i wouldn't know where to start with stroping or corking. :oops:

Twinnumber2 said:
Mikael said:
Twinnumber2 said:

Somewhat dubious practices in my opinion! Tried it, could not notice any difference.

But what do I know! :?

rangers62 said:
Twinnumber2 said:

Somewhat dubious practices in my opinion! Tried it, could not notice any difference.

But what do I know! :?
[/quote]

I´m no expert, in any way, so my knowledge re DE:s and DE blades are pretty low. I never tried corking anything, but I feel good with hand stropping and Derbys - it works (no nicks and I can go on pretty roughly with a DE on the back on my head).

But if someone who shaves with a DE daily says it´s no difference, I would take that persons advice infront of mine, any day of the week.

@Evvaa, Gingerpose: Your blades are in the post (sorry it took a few days).

All,

I've still got 3 lots of 15 blades free to a good home! First come etc.

rangers62 said:

As a newbie i wouldn't know where to start with stroping or corking. :oops:[/quote]

But what do I know! :?[/quote]

Hiya,

Let me offer a fairly quick thought or two about corking a blade. I was fortunate to be around when that practice was being discussed on another forum, and the results were surprising to say the least. This practice was debated among many seasoned veterans, and not just people new to DE shaving. Yeah, we're talking about putting that practice into action and seeing the results.

The damn technique does often work........goofy as it sounds. That was the general opinion, which shocked lots of us to read. Heh, it sure surprised some of the members who actually tried that blade tweaking method with good results. I never felt like I needed to try that, having no problems with my go to blades.

Ok, that's plenty about the subject,

Martin

Oh yeah, there was one forum member who hand stropped with great success. He convinced some other members to give it a try, but I can't remember how that turned out.

I've finally plucked up the courage to make my way into a nother room of these fine forums!

I really like the great PIF community spirit you guys have going on here, just goes to show everyones generosity.

If anyone has any blades left when I am in a position to use them, please let me know. I'm going to have my first DE shave tomorrow :-D

Amnesia180 said:
I've finally plucked up the courage to make my way into a nother room of these fine forums!

I really like the great PIF community spirit you guys have going on here, just goes to show everyones generosity.

If anyone has any blades left when I am in a position to use them, please let me know. I'm going to have my first DE shave tomorrow :-D

good luck with that, take your time and enjoy :D

there is a blade pif going on, stick your name on that and it will be with you in no time :D

Back
Top Bottom