what supplements & vitamins do you take?

D

Deleted member 12673

hey so i was wondering what supplements and vitamins do you take?

i do take a few different thing just to name a few black seed oil, cod liver oil, biotin, multivitamins etc,
but i find that i always tend to go through pahses and im so inconsistent but as of recently ive been trying to really stick with it

Hi Saj
For years I’ve taken a general multi vitamin supplement, currently Natures Best which are UK made, occasionally top up with glucosamine or something else, but a multi vit I’ve always considered good for when the diet isn’t quite as balanced as it could be!
cheers
Paul

Hi Saj
For years I’ve taken a general multi vitamin supplement, currently Natures Best which are UK made, occasionally top up with glucosamine or something else, but a multi vit I’ve always considered good for when the diet isn’t quite as balanced as it could be!
cheers
Paul
hey paul which multivitamin do you use?

I've got a basic one from superdrugs but want to get a better quality one

I don't currently take any, but I used to get mine from either Holland and Barrett or Savers. So many vitamins interfere with prescribed medications.

I pretty much just take bog standard supermarket multivits in the vain hope they're doing me some good, should my diet fall short (I go from eating really well to living on cereal depending on stress levels). Likewise I've done glucosamine in various forms, from Superdrug, Vitabiotics, Jointace etc but in truth I've never felt better from taking them nor worse for stopping. I've come to the conclusion they don't do much (for me) YMMV as ever. Maybe my diet isn't that bad?

Just Vitamin D as prescribed by my GP.
Nothing else on the supplement front. I have to swallow enough sh*t already.
Unless you count the yeast-based stout supplement I'm having right now.

No supplements for me. I eat a variety of foods so no need. I thought I had a vitamin d deficiency a while back and had a test. Nope it was my heart that was pissing about giving me lethargic symptoms. Went for an ablation (destroy heart muscle) feel better now. I don't have rapid and random heartbeat any more.
Wait, yes I'm fucked. All the vitamins in one bottle should make me fell better. :)

The Vitamin Verdict​

The researchers concluded that multivitamins don’t reduce the risk for heart disease, cancer, cognitive decline (such as memory loss and slowed-down thinking) or an early death. They also noted that in prior studies, vitamin E and beta-carotene supplements appear to be harmful, especially at high doses.

“Pills are not a shortcut to better health and the prevention of chronic diseases,” says Larry Appel, M.D., director of the Johns Hopkins Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research. “Other nutrition recommendations have much stronger evidence of benefits—eating a healthy diet, maintaining a healthy weight, and reducing the amount of saturated fat, trans fat, sodium and sugar you eat.”...

Don't be a sucker.

hey so i was wondering what supplements and vitamins do you take?

i do take a few different thing just to name a few black seed oil, cod liver oil, biotin, multivitamins etc,
but i find that i always tend to go through pahses and im so inconsistent but as of recently ive been trying to really stick with it

This may be of interest "gut microbes", if you are looking at improving/maintaining your health...

Back
Top Bottom