What smells and colours do you like??

hunnymonster said:
soapalchemist said:
Aaah! The search for the perfect mould. Silicone is great as a liner, wonderfully non stick. But it doesn't hold it's shape very well standing on it's own, and also cold process soap works better in larger volumes. I think for the moment I'm happy with the 3" rounds and the stainless steel bowls.

I think it depends on the silicone trays in question - I bought some *years* ago as a student for making muffins (3½" diameter) and they hold their shape 100%. Some of the ones I've seen recently aren't quite so robust though.

I'm still trying to find my way around this reply with quote business - although a very useful feature when you can get it to work. Hunny, you may well be the modern equivalent of the guy in Shawshank Redemption who could always get thing. If you know an affordable place to get silicone made to measure let me know.

I'm still trying to find my way around this reply with quote business - although a very useful feature when you can get it to work.

Just make sure your quote tags are complete.They should begin with
Code:
[quote] then put your quote in and end with [/quote]

the button should do it automatically for you.

Boab said:
I'm still trying to find my way around this reply with quote business - although a very useful feature when you can get it to work.

Just make sure your quote tags are complete.They should begin with
Code:
[quote] then put your quote in and end with [/quote]

the button should do it automatically for you.

Thank you Boab. I'm trying that, but too much is coming up. I can't seem to just select the bit I want.

Pig Cat said:
Sounds like you're referring to the disappointing Sedburgh soap! :?

I am, but I'm not disappointed with the soap as such, just the lathering properties. I think it's primarily intended as a hand soap, and for that it's very pleasant indeed, although it's more juniper bush than berry: maybe you could just splash some gin around for the berry effect.

Back
Top Bottom