What razor have I bought?

Found a plastic handled three piece Gillette in a Wardonia 'New Edge' case in a Steptoe shop in Newton Abbot.

Any idea what it is anyone? It's in pretty good condition for a (presumably) cheapo razor.

P1010182.jpg

It's a tech head as far as I can see, probably 70s or 80s. Purely a guess here (there's far more knowledgeable people in Frenchblade, Sunburyboy and others) but I'd suspect it's a frankenrazor i.e. a mismatched handle. Not a handle I recognise anyway.

Interesting. Thanks. For the price it cost it's going to become my travel razor I think.

It's made in England, and has a P4 stamp on the head. Is this the fourth quarter of 1970 or is that just for the US?

Oh, and does can anyone tell me what a Tech head shaves like?

Not sure on that date, a lot of English techs don't have a date stamp. The couple that I own don't have one anyway.

Techs are very mild but they're very forgiving. For my heavy beard they're no good, I like something with more bite but lots of people love them, see how you get on.

Thanks both. Sounds like you've nailed it re the Wardonia handle with a Tech head.

I'll give it a whirl and if it's no good for me will flog it through the forum for what I paid for it. Sounds like it would be a good razor for a beginner.

Back
Top Bottom