What pets do you have?

D

Deleted member 12673

hey so I really want to get a cat or a dog or even maybe a monitor lizard

Don't realistically think I got space for a monitor lizard though as they require large enclosures

So I was wondering what pets do you have? Any pics?

hey so I really want to get a cat or a dog or even maybe a monitor lizard

Don't realistically think I got space for a monitor lizard though as they require large enclosures

So I was wondering what pets do you have? Any pics?
i’m not being funny mate but your brain seems all over the place,
i genuinely don’t think you know what you want.
i’m not up for an argument & i’m not trying to be derogatory but man chill out a bit

I'm kind of in agreement with post #2. Cats, dogs and lizards are totally different in every conceivable way (except having 4 legs, a head and a tail). If you're an animal lover you would instinctively know which you have an affinity with. If you don't, you are maybe not suited to caring for any of them. Like Mike, I'm not trying to be mean. But for the animal's welfare, you need to understand what you are looking for in an animal, and what your motivations are. If it's ownership, or curiosity, or novelty, step away.

If you want a loyal friend who gets excited just to see you, you'll want a dog. But can you get the right breed for your routine, or family circumstances? Some dogs are better than others with kids. Some will get bored while you're at work and tear your house up. If you like creatures who know their own mind and who get up to all sorts of funny stuff, can be affectionate and entertaining but are basically a) mercenary and b) independent, that's a cat. If you want something that gives no emotional engagement whatsoever, and can be displayed in a cage, but occasionally attempts to rule over Mankind according to David Icke and his chums, well, there's yer lizard.

Last edited:
I'm kind of in agreement with post #2. Cats, dogs and lizards are totally different in every conceivable way (except having 4 legs, a head and a tail). If you're an animal lover you would instinctively know which you have an affinity with. If you don't, you are maybe not suited to caring for any of them. Like Mike, I'm not trying to be mean. But for the animal's welfare, you need to understand what you are looking for in an animal, and what your motivations are. If it's ownership, or curiosity, or novelty, step away.

If you want a loyal friend who gets excited just to see you, you'll want a dog. But can you get the right breed for your routine, or family circumstances? Some dogs are better than others with kids. Some will get bored while you're at work and tear your house up. If you like creatures who know their own mind and who get up to all sorts of funny stuff, can be affectionate and entertaining but are basically a) mercenary and b) independent, that's a cat. If you want something that gives no emotional engagement whatsoever, and can be displayed in a cage, but occasionally attempts to rule over Mankind according to David Icke and his chums, well, there's yer lizard.
Yea of course I wouldn't take it lightly, I would do a lot of research as I'd be taking care of it and be responsible for it

I used to have a bearded dragon many years ago so do have some experience with lizards

Tbh if my mrs didn't hate snakes that would've been top of the list as I'm fascinated by snakes tbh

Was thinking if checking out local cat shelters out to try and re-home one, as from what I understand and read online a lot of black cats seem to find it hard finding homes due to silly superstitions

I was thinking maybe get something smaller like a guinea pig, when I went on the guinea pig forums they mentioned you need a large enclosure, so wasn't expecting that but hey that's why I research too

David Icke lol, you ever been on his forum?

Haha no, I've not looked too closely into David Icke's ramblings, I didn't know there was a forum (although if there's one for coffee, and one for shaving, why wouldn't there be one for him?)

You're right about black cats, they go unhomed because of medieval beliefs, which is mad (obviously). I grew up around cats and my mum has a black rescue cat. She said "now the old witch has finally got her familiar" which both surprised and amused me. If my lifestyle would accommodate one, I'd have a cat of whatever colour. My best mate has a dog who has decided I'm part of the family too, and although I'm not a "dog person" I do love her. My buddy in Switzerland has got a basement full of frogs, snakes, lizards and all manner of cold blooded menagerie. He is very knowledgeable on the subject but personally, although I am also a bit fascinated by snakes overall it's not my idea of a pet.

If you're an animal lover you would instinctively know which you have an affinity with. If you don't, you are maybe not suited to caring for any of them. Like Mike, I'm not trying to be mean. But for the animal's welfare, you need to understand what you are looking for in an animal, and what your motivations are. If it's ownership, or curiosity, or novelty, step away.
+1
Dog lover here, grew up with a boxer and now have a black lab 6 years old (had since a pup). Mrs is the same having grown up with dogs (multiple).

I would hate for someone to get any animal on what is seemingly a whim. Never mind just the practical aspects relating directly to the animal (feeding, homing, exercising, vets) you also have to consider whether it will fit into your lifestyle or if you're willing to change. Certainly with a dog you would have to plan your life around them, or I sure as hell do anyway.

If space is an issue and you can't accommodate a Guinea Pig I would think you would struggle with a dog or a cat. Definitely not something to jump into.

+1
Dog lover here, grew up with a boxer and now have a black lab 6 years old (had since a pup). Mrs is the same having grown up with dogs (multiple).

I would hate for someone to get any animal on what is seemingly a whim. Never mind just the practical aspects relating directly to the animal (feeding, homing, exercising, vets) you also have to consider whether it will fit into your lifestyle or if you're willing to change. Certainly with a dog you would have to plan your life around them, or I sure as hell do anyway.

If space is an issue and you can't accommodate a Guinea Pig I would think you would struggle with a dog or a cat. Definitely not something to jump into.
My son followers a youtuber because of her golden retriever lol

Nah it's the size of indoor run/enclosure thing that I wasn't keen on

Obviously with cat/dog no need to worry about having a enclosure/cage for it, it's got free reign in that sense

I just love animals in general tbh, they fascinate me and I love learning about them too

Back
Top Bottom