What made your day a good one

In the summer about one a day. The egg cycle is about 24-26 hours so if the cycle matches with dark time it is delayed untill next day.
I go on the assumption of each hen will lay .75 eggs a day over a year. So my three hens will be expected to lay about 800 eggs a year over 3 years. Not just eggs, but jimmyc eggs. Copyright marks and sparks or some shop up the town. (y) :)
An egg most days for all the family ... nature's multi-vitamin.

An egg most days for all the family ... nature's multi-vitamin.

Yes, I use what I use then the rest get passed to friends and family with no expectation of payment.
Although on more than a few occasions there has been a bag of feed at my back door with everyone saying I don't know what you are talking about.
Better than that, one time when I come home from work there was a cardboard box with holes in it at the back door under the porch and it was making buuuk buuuk noises. (Chicken sounds)
On opening it was 3 hens and a bag of feed. My brother loved the eggs but could not be arsed looking after them.
In the end he told me to stop giving him eggs unless he asked for then.
I had 9 hens at one time so I told everyone no hens to be bought unless I ok it, I had so many excess eggs it was unreal.

In the summer about one a day. The egg cycle is about 24-26 hours so if the cycle matches with dark time it is delayed untill next day.
I go on the assumption of each hen will lay .75 eggs a day over a year. So my three hens will be expected to lay about 800 eggs a year over 3 years. Not just eggs, but jimmyc eggs. Copyright marks and sparks or some shop up the town. (y) :)
That’s amazing. So if each egg was fertilised and successfully hatched into a chicken and half of these were hens then the world would be overrun in a few months?

That’s amazing. So if each egg was fertilised and successfully hatched into a chicken and half of these were hens then the world would be overrun in a few months?
Yea, that's why there is an abundance of eggs, Chicken and chicken products. We just eat them all so they don't over run us. :LOL:

Oh I wouldn't worry too much about that.

fg7i9eK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom