What made your day a good one

West Ham United's continued good form.
Mid level clubs usually struggle with a European campaign, yet we appear to be a top six club with a chance of European glory, plus beating good clubs in EFL cup.

We only have 3 to 4 great players too.

Mid level clubs usually struggle with a European campaign, yet we appear to be a top six club with a chance of European glory, plus beating good clubs in EFL cup.

But they know how to play as a team.

I am an LFC (and Marine FC) fan here but West Ham do impress no end.

West Ham defeating Liverpool and now being third in the Premier league, way above Tottenham...

20211107_194757.jpg

Last edited:
Finalising my father's will and probate account over the weekend. Now own my father's house over in Yorkshire which we have decided to hold on to for the family and 'chosen' friends to use.

But perhaps the most pleasurable for me was giving some money to his old cleaner. She is one of those who has little in life and works so hard for her children and family. To give her something at this time of year made me feel so good inside and I don't think I have seen a happier person for such a long time. She made my day.

Got 3 hens 2 weeks ago and I got my first egg today

20211202_114742-1.jpg

Shown next to a large supermarket egg, not too shabby for a first egg.
I had hens years ago and am so looking forward to fantastic back garden eggs.
If you have not tasted proper free range grass fed hens eggs go for it, you will not be disappointed. :love:

WTH!! Computerized & numbered eggs!! :oops:
Intensive farming in any species tends to end up at some point or another with a mass outbreak of something nasty. All animal products (a horrible phrase, mind) are serialised in the UK and can be traced back to source, traced back through whatever handlers or processing has happened in the middle and so something like a salmonella or bovine encephalitis outbreak can (hopefully) be stopped a damn sight quicker than it was the last time.
Got 3 hens 2 weeks ago and I got my first egg today

View attachment 80920

Shown next to a large supermarket egg, not too shabby for a first egg.
I had hens years ago and am so looking forward to fantastic back garden eggs.
If you have not tasted proper free range grass fed hens eggs go for it, you will not be disappointed. :love:
Back to this, though! Congratulations! How will you cook this first one? Simple gently fried and all yolky in a fried egg sarny, I hope.

I've yet to whack up the ginger to keep hens but our neighbours a few doors along do and they've always got spare. You know, roadside half dozen for an honesty quid in the box. Lovely eggs! Happy hens out there, scratching, pecking and eating their natural diet of bugs and such like. Great flavour!

Intensive farming in any species tends to end up at some point or another with a mass outbreak of something nasty. All animal products (a horrible phrase, mind) are serialised in the UK and can be traced back to source, traced back through whatever handlers or processing has happened in the middle and so something like a salmonella or bovine encephalitis outbreak can (hopefully) be stopped a damn sight quicker than it was the last time...

That is laudable and makes perfect sense. We do that here for produce as well, but by other means. Ironic that we can track an egg, but not an illegal immigrant. :unsure: ;)

Intensive farming in any species tends to end up at some point or another with a mass outbreak of something nasty. All animal products (a horrible phrase, mind) are serialised in the UK and can be traced back to source, traced back through whatever handlers or processing has happened in the middle and so something like a salmonella or bovine encephalitis outbreak can (hopefully) be stopped a damn sight quicker than it was the last time.

Back to this, though! Congratulations! How will you cook this first one? Simple gently fried and all yolky in a fried egg sarny, I hope.

I've yet to whack up the ginger to keep hens but our neighbours a few doors along do and they've always got spare. You know, roadside half dozen for an honesty quid in the box. Lovely eggs! Happy hens out there, scratching, pecking and eating their natural diet of bugs and such like. Great flavour!

Has to be fried on a soft buttered roll. I can taste it all ready. (y)

In case anyone is wondering, my garden is 80sq meters and they have free run of garden at all times.
I would not want people to think I am keeping them in a small pen just for eggs.
And I do not light up the coop for winter eggs. They are just coming to point of lay and I was not expecting any eggs untill February or March but I am over the moon with one. It means they are happy and contented. They even come towards me if I am carrying anything hoping for a treat.
They are pets with a side product of eggs, my last hens died of old age giving few eggs later in life. :)

In case anyone is wondering, my garden is 80sq meters and they have free run of garden at all times.
I would not want people to think I am keeping them in a small pen just for eggs.
And I do not light up the coop for winter eggs. They are just coming to point of lay and I was not expecting any eggs untill February or March but I am over the moon with one. It means they are happy and contented. They even come towards me if I am carrying anything hoping for a treat.
They are pets with a side product of eggs, my last hens died of old age giving few eggs later in life. :)
How often does a typical hen lay an egg?

How often does a typical hen lay an egg?
In the summer about one a day. The egg cycle is about 24-26 hours so if the cycle matches with dark time it is delayed untill next day.
I go on the assumption of each hen will lay .75 eggs a day over a year. So my three hens will be expected to lay about 800 eggs a year over 3 years. Not just eggs, but jimmyc eggs. Copyright marks and sparks or some shop up the town. (y) :)

Back
Top Bottom