What made your day a good one

A black cat crossed my path.

I was driving in the dark, approaching a small roundabout, when I caught a brief glimpse of a cat scuttling across the road on the far side, from right to left. It would have been so easy to miss in the dull glare of the streetlights. In view for only a moment before it was hidden from sight behind the roundabout.

I had this horrible feeling: what if it kept on along the road, going the wrong way around the roundabout? It would pop up again right in front of me.

I slowed down to a crawl as I entered the roundabout and started to turn right and, sure enough, the cat appeared right in front of me, looking scared, then veered left out of my path and off the road.

I came so close to running the poor cat over. It was lucky I noticed it at all and lucky I put two & two together to slow down. I might not have thought of that. If I hadn't I wouldn't have been able to stop in time.

So instead of having a bad day with the blood of a poor innocent pussycat on my hands I got to save one. If a black cat crosses your path, and you save its life, do you get extra good luck?

Maybe there's a cat out there thinking: "Extra good luck my ass! That ****** nearly ran me over!"

A black cat crossed my path.

I was driving in the dark, approaching a small roundabout, when I caught a brief glimpse of a cat scuttling across the road on the far side, from right to left. It would have been so easy to miss in the dull glare of the streetlights. In view for only a moment before it was hidden from sight behind the roundabout.

I had this horrible feeling: what if it kept on along the road, going the wrong way around the roundabout? It would pop up again right in front of me.

I slowed down to a crawl as I entered the roundabout and started to turn right and, sure enough, the cat appeared right in front of me, looking scared, then veered left out of my path and off the road.

I came so close to running the poor cat over. It was lucky I noticed it at all and lucky I put two & two together to slow down. I might not have thought of that. If I hadn't I wouldn't have been able to stop in time.

So instead of having a bad day with the blood of a poor innocent pussycat on my hands I got to save one. If a black cat crosses your path, and you save its life, do you get extra good luck?

Maybe there's a cat out there thinking: "Extra good luck my ass! That ****** nearly ran me over!"
I was walking home from the pub one night with my best mate. This affectionate black cat came up and started the usual dance around my legs. As I kneeled down to stroke it, I joked this is the only pussy I am getting tonight. I looked up to see two very attractive girls in giggles...

I was walking home from the pub one night with my best mate. This affectionate black cat came up and started the usual dance around my legs. As I kneeled down to stroke it, I joked this is the only pussy I am getting tonight. I looked up to see two very attractive girls in giggles...

Reminds me of the time I was walking back from the pub with my mate, a dog was sat in a garden licking his balls.
I said to my mate “ I wish I could do that”.
My mate replied “ It’d probably bite you”.

Cutting my hair after 18 weeks of not being able to go the hairdressers, when Boris announced today we would have to wait until April for the hairdressers I broke out the pro babyliss trimers I hoped I would never have to use.

Boom grade 3 on the top, 2 on the sides, side burns all done, daughter did nice neat line on the back of head at the bottom edge, don't know why I was so scared of doing it.

Feel reborn, like a new man, can take on the world again now :)

pulling an allnighter, but finally finished my data science project implementing classification model. Last one to go now and still need to do some write ups.

and during small breaks - looking at ever ready razors on fleabay.

Back
Top Bottom