What made your day a good one

My eldest daughter has been growing her hair since she was born. It's very long thick blonde hair. She's just had her hair cut short and donated the hair that has been removed to the Little Princess Trust who make real hair wigs for children that have lost their hair through cancer etc. A decision she made on her own. I'm very proud of her and it makes me think we may be doing ok as parents.

View attachment 86627 View attachment 86628
My wife, daughter, and granddaughter have done the same.

Had a great day today, just what the doctor ordered (or would if I could actually get through to one!)

Best mate called last night, said let's get the motorbikes out and go and see his mum down on the south coast, starting with breakfast at a biker meet cafe and with some nice twisties on the way. Cracking weather, a real buzz at Box Hill, Whiteways and Newlands Corner. Saw his mum for the first time in 10 years, stood on the beach and watched the waves where his dad's ashes were scattered last year, felt at peace. Nice run back, mission accomplished.

Some nice guitars there. Strats & Teles are usually my thing, but I have a couple of other guitars too, that I've found a use for.

There's a big guitar show in Birmingham next month.

There is not much to touch the big expansive sound and tone of the Les Paul, but it is the Telecaster which says 'Pick me up and play me'. Wonderful pickupability. Like a good razor, there may be better and more expensive but just being good is all what is needed.

There is not much to touch the big expansive sound and tone of the Les Paul, but it is the Telecaster which says 'Pick me up and play me'. Wonderful pickupability. Like a good razor, there may be better and more expensive but just being good is all what is needed.
I've 2 Teles and will be adding a 3rd soon; they are great.

I tend to prefer guitars with single coil pickups, but have a couple with HBs. My latest is an old Westbury Standard, which is very similar in tone, feel & weight to a LP (they came fitted with Dimarzio pickups).

Back
Top Bottom