What made your day a good one

Got my custom-built DS slope-shoulder dreadnought yesterday. Finally! Conceived late 2015.
Based on Collings DS2H (licensed drawings) but with custom neck shape and a handful of cosmetic changes.
This thing plays better than any Martin I owned or played. Sounds unexpectedly balanced and expectedly loud and clear.
I'm extremely happy. The day's a good one.

Got my custom-built DS slope-shoulder dreadnought yesterday. Finally! Conceived late 2015.
Based on Collings DS2H (licensed drawings) but with custom neck shape and a handful of cosmetic changes.
This thing plays better than any Martin I owned or played. Sounds unexpectedly balanced and expectedly loud and clear.
I'm extremely happy. The day's a good one.

Vates, that's an expensive piece of lumber!! :oops:

2nd consecutive negative LFT so self-isolation is done! Still not feeling great, but definitely relieved! Haven't shaved for 9 days so it will be a careful one tomorrow!

Been there myself recently and realise what relief can be found in a single line on a cheap but wonderful piece of plastic.

Keep well

Ticket booked to see Paul Cook from Sex Pistols with the latest incarnation of The Professionals tomorrow night. Warm-up gig at Water Rats in London - a venue I've never frequented. They've never failed to impress me live, but this will be my first gig since Ray McVeigh and Paul Myers left. Seen their replacements over the years in other bands though so sure I'll still be down the front going for it!

Ticket booked to see Paul Cook from Sex Pistols with the latest incarnation of The Professionals tomorrow night. Warm-up gig at Water Rats in London - a venue I've never frequented. They've never failed to impress me live, but this will be my first gig since Ray McVeigh and Paul Myers left. Seen their replacements over the years in other bands though so sure I'll still be down the front going for it!

The revolution has to start somewhere. :LOL:.
Brilliant track.

First use of my apparently NOS Slim, with a Gillette Platinum (1) blade, using a Speick stick and my Moka synth. I know this really belongs in SotD but it was such a good shave, even better than with the Fatboy which I have enjoyed. I think it shaves better even though the Fatboy arguably looks (and sounds) cooler. I was done in 2 passes really, went for 3 just to prolong the experience.

OK so the rest of the day has not been special (and I ought to be working) but it got off to a good start with my Slim's maiden voyage. Gotta acknowledge the little things these days.

I had a very nice haircut this afternoon... followed by two fruitless trips to Lowe's and Home Depot.... looking for those M5 nylon washers for my razor handles. I know I can get them online but I have to buy at least 50 at a time. I do have one more place to try tomorrow...... they are only open part of the day.

The evening is pleasant so far.

Actually had a nice week at work.
working for a school supply agency can be hit and miss with the classes you get put in.
But this week has been good, Ive actually enjoyed being at work. Hit it off with a kid with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties (class teacher and permanent teaching assistant noticed this too), even his mother was thankful for me working him this week. School has requested me back next week...must be leaving a good impression.

I had a very nice haircut this afternoon... followed by two fruitless trips to Lowe's and Home Depot.... looking for those M5 nylon washers for my razor handles. I know I can get them online but I have to buy at least 50 at a time. I do have one more place to try tomorrow...... they are only open part of the day.

The evening is pleasant so far.

Factor in your gas/petrol/oats (for a horse, of course).

Back
Top Bottom