What made your day a good one

Realising that I had dropped two belt sizes when I got dressed this morning. All of that extra exercise and brisk walking I had been doing finally seems to have paid off...

Plus, the fact that I don't fill my body with as much unhealthy crap as I used to probably helps too.

On account of having mowed their lawn for them a couple of times, my neighbours brought me round a plate of roast chicken with mash, peas, yorkies, cauli and broccoli, with gravy, and even a prawn cocktail in the obligatory ice cream goblet thingy. Proper blast from the past! Much appreciated as I've spent the week eating crap after having eaten down the contents of my fridge freezer prior to getting a new one.

Yeah, I'm not going to do a roast for one, so defo a bonus. Good to have nice neighbours!
I did also have to defrost and bone out my haunch of Chinese water deer after my attempts to keep it frozen while I swapped fridge freezers failed. This resulted in a venison steak between 2 halves of a bagel, as I have no fresh food until tomorrow. I could get used to venison steak in bagels... but the rest of it will hopefully end up as rendang following a recipe that @Dickie sent me.

Great morning with the lads on the bikes 40 miles later got home had a basic cooked English breakfast 2 hash browns, egg, beans and a couple of rashers. Then a walk with the missus and the dog with some friends in the local woods. A nice coffee from a coffee van. Back home, bit of nosh a beer or 2 and a night in front of the wogglebox watching rubbish.
It's been a brill Bank Holiday Monday.... roll on next Monday. :sneaky::p:p

Sounds like just the ticket CJ. Mine was "blighted" by home improvements but I have to say I feel good about having been so productive and indeed the results. Hopefully I'll get some chill time this coming weekend to put the icing on the cake.

DSC_0002.JPG

I popped out to my usual supermarket this morning for some small food items. I only needed about half a dozen times, so I chose a basket rather than a trolley. When I got to the checkout (2 cashiers were serving) I saw that the lady in front of me had one of those extra-large trolleys, which was piled high with items. I thought to myself "Oh God, I'm going to be here for a while" and braced myself for a long wait in the queue. (Before any smartarse asks "Why didn't you just go to the other checkout?", I didn't because the queue at the other checkout was twice as long and was moving very slowly).

While I was stood, waiting very patiently, the lady in front of me suddenly turned round and saw how little I had bought, and that I only had a basket. She then asked me if I would like to go in front of her in the queue, to save me time. This was a very kind gesture, and I was extremely grateful to the lady for this. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart and moved up the queue.

This kind act from a lady that I didn't even know has restored my faith in human nature. Things like this are getting less and less frequent these days, as a lot of people seem to be getting more and more selfish. I don't expect kind gestures like this, but I am always very grateful and I always convey this. It just proves that not everyone that I meet is a selfish arsehole, though, to be fair, most people are like that where I live.

THIS kind offer from a complete stranger today has made my day a good one.

Back
Top Bottom