What made your day a good one

Hey, I do shave my ass as well
Eeeh ohhh, eeeh ohhh
Shrek Film Smile GIF by PeacockTV

Last year I worked in a school agency, as a supply teaching assistant. I worked frequently in one school, in one particular class until I left roughly 1 year ago.

Ive recently gone back to the agency (since my other job has dried up in work) and today I went back to the school previously mentioned. I was wondering, when the school day started, who would recognise me. During the break time, I suddenly heard a "YOU'RE BACK" with one of the year 5 girls excitedly running over to see me, followed by the rest of the year 5 class.

put a smile on my face and was nice to know that even after almost a year, they still remember me (and my name) and were excited to see me back. Was nice to have a bit of positivity in work, seeing as its felt quite negative for such a long time (other job) and that I seem to have made an impression to some kids. makes it all worth it

Last year I worked in a school agency, as a supply teaching assistant. I worked frequently in one school, in one particular class until I left roughly 1 year ago.

Ive recently gone back to the agency (since my other job has dried up in work) and today I went back to the school previously mentioned. I was wondering, when the school day started, who would recognise me. During the break time, I suddenly heard a "YOU'RE BACK" with one of the year 5 girls excitedly running over to see me, followed by the rest of the year 5 class.

put a smile on my face and was nice to know that even after almost a year, they still remember me (and my name) and were excited to see me back. Was nice to have a bit of positivity in work, seeing as its felt quite negative for such a long time (other job) and that I seem to have made an impression to some kids. makes it all worth it
That's great to hear.
Things like that make it all seem worthwhile

That's great to hear, I bet it's given you a bit of a lift.

Paul.

What made my day a good one? KITTENS!!!

Well, kitten (singular). His pedigree name is Milkyway Mausolus. We're calling him mouse and he's a scratty little rat. Thing is, he's a big cat breed and probably as a 14 week kitten he's as large as many (regular) cats.

IMG_3162.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

Juxtaposition makes him look larger here, but he's dwarfed compared to the fully grown having a nose ...

IMG_3157.jpeg

Couple swear words between them, but they're going to get on fine. Little Maus has found somewhere safe for a while and big boy Elias is sitting just near. Grand Matriarch Mimi is NOT impressed. Not at all!

IMG_3173.jpeg

What made my day a good one? KITTENS!!!

Well, kitten (singular). His pedigree name is Milkyway Mausolus. We're calling him mouse and he's a scratty little rat. Thing is, he's a big cat breed and probably as a 14 week kitten he's as large as many (regular) cats.

View attachment 102664

View attachment 102665

Juxtaposition makes him look larger here, but he's dwarfed compared to the fully grown having a nose ...

View attachment 102666

Couple swear words between them, but they're going to get on fine. Little Maus has found somewhere safe for a while and big boy Elias is sitting just near. Grand Matriarch Mimi is NOT impressed. Not at all!

View attachment 102671
Cat's are weird, blood relatives like siblings get along just fine, other than that it's a crap shoot. I currently have three who can't stand each other.

Well, we've daughter, grandson and (now) great-grandson of one Imperial Grand Champion (Eli) who spent his retirement years with us. He died maybe three or four years back. New boy is from a different breeder, but her Dame was mated with on of Eli's many many grand-offspring ... and so had a common pedigree to the others.

Looks like the boys will get along fine. I really hope so.

Mimi is "just a bitch" (in a highly perjorative sense) according to the breeder we got her from. Our cats stay with her when we go on holiday and everyone there is scared of Mimi - she can just lash out; and she's a tough girl. She was swiping at me when I took the picture above. Not happy about this at all! She'll come round. Possibly.

Back
Top Bottom