What made your day a crap one??

Thursday morning at about 3am I awoke with a pain in my back, It was like a really acute trapped wind... It started in the back came to the front, eased off, came back on..
Almost passed out... Layed flat out in the bathroom floor with my wife putting cold flannels on me....
Then
Eased off felt bit better.... Came back on... Stronger.
Then said to my missus, take me to A&E.... Dropped me off... Started sweating profusely .... Then just as nurse calls me in :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
Fortunately had a bowl... Couldn't talk.... Just managed to say date of birth.
Took me in a room for some blood tests.... Another nurse came in took one look at me went out and I heard her say "have you seen him he needs to straight to majors" they wheeled me round, popped me in a bed... Started putting cannulas in... Morphine, paracetamol and a Diclofenac.... Well never mind where the Diclofenac went .
Anyway long story short after a CT scan and and about half hour... The pain subsided and they said I had a stone partially blocking the kidney duct....
After another 4 hours they came and told me I was probably staying in as urologists needed to see me...
Couple of hours after they sent me home to pee it out.
Not the best week I've had.
Pix? :rolleyes:

Glad that's all it was, go take a leak. (y)

Argh! I feel for you ...

Warning for everyone else. TMI.

One morning I suddenly felt as if I was being stabbed repeatedly in the kidney. So sudden and so painful it made me jump out of my chair and kinda dance around the room. Urge to wee, urge for the other, sweating profusely, actually crying out with the worse pain that I've ever experienced. Massage and "truffle shuffles" (ref: Goonies ... I think that probably jiggled it along) eased the pain to bearable, but after a few hours I consulted the GP ... or tried to ... but while waiting for the callback had the most incredible urge to wee. What a strange sensation!!! The searing pain was actually blissful relief. I take it you've passed it?

I had another maybe a year later, which moved along more easily but had two or three days where I felt like I was being repeatedly kicked in the balls until it moved all the way through. Horrid!

I take drinking water throughout the day a lot more seriously now.

Gah! I hope you've passed it ... and you're feeling okay now.
Pix? :LOL:

Holy crap there's a lot in here since I last looked!
@pjgh Indeed, congrats on the promotion. What a shame your ignorant or petty jealous manager couldn't be decent, but you're the better man and I hope the week off is the watershed you remember.

Wow I can't believe people would ask for a different doctor on racial grounds, that's mad. Why should someone help a person if they are that rude? They should be told that it's that doctor/nurse or nothing - see how strong their racist principles really are when the pain kicks in. Maybe if they had no choice and were treated by someone from whatever race they might look more kindly on them and realise we're all human and anyway wtf has skin colour got to do with how good a healthcare professional you are? Poor lady should not have to deal with such insults from anyone, let alone those she's trying to help ffs.

Kidney stones, ouch. Never had one yet fortunately but a mate of mine is prone to them and has told me the full horror. He has to be really careful what he eats now, as certain foods make it more likely to get another. I've started drinking more water since he told me.

Last Saturday was my 'crap one' with the 5 hours of immobilised knee and the most intense pain I can remember. Thankfully it subsided with the help of some co-codamol my OH had left from an op she had. Just got to be careful now.

True, we don't know but in the post I was referring to, she said it was for her colour. Agreed people should be able to choose the gender of their doctor because there are valid reasons. Having once had the Crown Jewels scanned with ultrasound by a woman doc who slathered them in some special ultrasound jelly, I concede your point Toby!!

True, we don't know but in the post I was referring to, she said it was for her colour. Agreed people should be able to choose the gender of their doctor because there are valid reasons. Having once had the Crown Jewels scanned with ultrasound by a woman doc who slathered them in some special ultrasound jelly, I concede your point Toby!!
I personally prefer a chick doc for that kind of stuff. :p

But the post above just said, "It is just that two people asked for another person yesterday", so I'm not 100% sure it was race.

Learned on Monday that a friend I have known for over 25 years lost his fight against cancer. Last time I saw him, quite recently, he was super positive and we were planning what to do when he got back to strength. Going to see the family this weekend. It didn't sink in yesterday but shit, I'm all over the place today and getting no work done. Was a real sound geezer, mild, relaxed, interesting, with a love of life despite said life being no easy one. I respect that, wish I was more like that really. Anyway today I'm just crap. Sorry.

Learned on Monday that a friend I have known for over 25 years lost his fight against cancer. Last time I saw him, quite recently, he was super positive and we were planning what to do when he got back to strength. Going to see the family this weekend. It didn't sink in yesterday but shit, I'm all over the place today and getting no work done. Was a real sound geezer, mild, relaxed, interesting, with a love of life despite said life being no easy one. I respect that, wish I was more like that really. Anyway today I'm just crap. Sorry.

Sorry for your loss my friend.

Oh man... That's rubbish.... My condolences. Hope when you see the family you all gain a measure of comfort from one another.

My condolences, best wishes to you and your friend's family.

Back
Top Bottom