What made your day a crap one??

Not a day, but a week. My younger sister died suddenlyand unexpectedly last week from cancer-related issues, I'm still trying to process it because her partner asked if I would deal with all the formalities, (which has kept my mind occupied), but I was just sitting having a drink tonight ( just the one so far) and felt the need to get it out of my head and into the open.
Crikey....
My condolences @BigBruce .... Well done for sharing!

Not a day, but a week. My younger sister died suddenlyand unexpectedly last week from cancer-related issues, I'm still trying to process it because her partner asked if I would deal with all the formalities, (which has kept my mind occupied), but I was just sitting having a drink tonight ( just the one so far) and felt the need to get it out of my head and into the open.
My condolences Bruce.

My condolences, Bruce.

Heard a story about the son of a friend of mine.

He is about 22 now, he never did well at school but he got an apprenticeship to do hairdressing and soon had his own shop, decorated it himself, the barbers chairs were £2000 each btw. I had my haircut there and he was excellent. I noticed he was a bit 'jumpy', my mother had a phrase 'all over the place', perhaps you can understand what she meant.

I mentioned to his father that he was very good but seemed a bit jumpy, he said he had a coke habit but it was under control, that was a month ago.

Today I heard that his dealer had gone into the shop with a heavyweight accomplice and beaten him up because he refused to sell drugs from the shop, they also took all his stock and broke the fingers on his right hand, they promised to be back.

He has closed the shutters for the last time.

Last edited:
Heard a story about the son of a friend of mine.

He is about 22 now, he never did well at school but he got an apprenticeship to do hairdressing and soon had his own shop, decorated it himself, the barbers chairs were £2000 each btw. I had my haircut there and he was excellent. I noticed he was a bit 'jumpy', my mother had a phrase 'all over the place', perhaps you can understand what she meant.

I mentioned to his father that he was very good but seemed a bit jumpy, he said he had a coke habit but it was under control, that was a month ago.

Today I heard that his dealer had gone into the shop with a heavyweight accomplice and beaten him up because he refused to sell drugs from the shop, they also took all his stock and broke the fingers on his right hand, they promised to be back.

He has closed the shutters for the last time.
Time to call the cops and put them away. If he lived here he could put them down.

Sorry to hear that Bruce my deepest condolences

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - For the second day in a row, the National Weather Service declared a heat advisory for portions of the Lowcountry.

The advisory will be in effect from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday as heat index values could reach up to 111 degrees or higher.

Not good at all Toby, that is almost 44c by the way. I have been out in 40c and that was bad enough, anything more than 30c and I am looking for shade and something ice cold

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - For the second day in a row, the National Weather Service declared a heat advisory for portions of the Lowcountry.

The advisory will be in effect from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday as heat index values could reach up to 111 degrees or higher.

That's insanely hot!

It reminds me of a joke by one of my favourite comedians, the excellent Jim Gaffigan, who described living in the Mid West to largely to have two seasons, one when it's always snowing, the other when it's so hot you lose your mild, with a few days when it is in between. The UK, in comparison has two types of day, on a rare day it's sunny, but usually grey (reminds me of another joke by a US comedian, but I will leave it there).

Good luck coping with the heat Toby, I hope you keep some rashers of bacon by your side to replenish all the salts you will be losing over the course of the day.

Really pissed off. I moved to wales in 2009 and a few years later discovered that Wales and N Ireland have different administrations for their NHS Pension schemes. I promptly completed the required paperwork and had my pension pot transferred to the England -Wales setup. I am supposed to retire at the end of July so when my pension forecast came through I was surprised to see that my 20ish years of service in NI had been omitted. After a long time calling different administrations.....today I discovered that the money was transferred 10 years ago. Because a piece of paper was missing.....they have just sat on MY money for 10 years without telling anyone. I will probably need to extend until they sort it out........and that is the complete summer gone

I had got halfway to the supermarket today, when it started to rain. It then dawned on me that I had forgotten my umbrella.

Carrying shopping home and getting absolutely soaked to the skin was NO fun.

Back
Top Bottom